Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BROWNS

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Thought i'd start a different thread for these pics of approx 2 mth old blue tree snakes.These guys have been taking pinkies for a while now so they're off to a good start.You can really seee the blue coming through especially when feeding......can't wait for a few more sloughs :D
2005_0417jfbts0093.jpg

Notice the belly scales are very keeled and it was very interesting to watch how this one really flattened out while feeding.Great snakes these guys for those who want something different, i highly recommend them for the more experience keepers.Enjoy the pics!!!
2005_0417jfbts0118.jpg

2005_0417jfbts0120.jpg

2005_0417jfbts0125.jpg

Anyone else have any pics of any of the phases of gts or bts?If so let see em :)

My gts shows a lot of blue when she eats as well. I thought it was the colour of the skin underneath the scales as it is only visible when she is swollen.

I've seen quite a few that have blue flecking similar to when they feed in wild ones when they get a bit worked up and yeah it does seem to be the skin not the scales in the green phase....these guys are blue phase and i'm guessing will be solid blue within a year,scales and belly and hopefully throat although i do like the yellow goldish throat.At the right angle which is hard to capture with the cam you can see the blue coming out on the scales and they've only had 2 sgeds so far....

Any pics Greebs?

No camera at the moment. She was definitely more green than yours at that age although she does have a bluish tinge. I would love to get some Blue ones but they don't come up very often.

Nice animals Borwns, do you have any pics of the parents at all to give us an idea of what yours will turn out like?

Didn't get the chance to see the parents and have no pics of them either.From what i've been told the lineage is a stunning vibrant blue phase....give it a couple of months and they should be getting nice and blue,or another 3-4 sheds.

all the true blues ive seen dont have yellow on their throats blue ,black,white no yellow

Will be interesting to watch their change in colour Browns to blue.

all the true blues ive seen dont have yellow on their throats blue ,black,white no yellow
Not meaning to come across as arguementive but what makes a blue tree snake a "true" blue tree snake?If they can have black and white why not yellow?I think this pic sums that up pretty well or would you not call this a blue phase green tree snake?

bluetreesnake.jpg

From what i can see, mine started with a off whitish, yellow throat, but soon changed to white.....i guess i'll have to wait and see how they turn out.....either way their awesome,...nice pic's to Browns

Hmmm I have a pic of one I found on maggie island, but I can't upload it from the uni computers :) If anyone wants to do it for me pop down an email address ;) Just a bts, perhaps a bit night-tigery, but very cute and fairly placid!

nice that pics not related to your hatchlingsis it? will be interesting to see there finale colour as you know ive two coloured phases of blues the hatchlings are both different to look at present there seems to be blues with out yellow ether way they are both awesome to look at i have to say i prefer the ones with out yellowbut hey thats just my tastes each to there oun id still call your pic a blue/green hey who knows what the parents were looks a lot like my second female maybe a even a tad bluer and she did have green as a hatchling but its hard to pick now. mmaybe theirs just different colours of blues dependingg on where they came from

Sorry Mick i missed your question,no they weren't on pinkies when i got them they were practically straight out of the egg with possibly one feed on skinks.iThen I started using gecko tails and now just scenting f/t pinkies which is a perfect start for them to easily feed on rodents for the rest of their life.Eventually i'll have to move them up to pinkie rats and pups which shouldn't be too hard i hope.This is the first time i've properly kept bts and it's a great experience to have something different and learning all the time!!!

nice that pics not related to your hatchlingsis it?
No definitely not at all related and i'd say these wil turn out either all blue or all blue with a white throat.
id still call your pic a blue/green hey who knows what the parents were looks a lot like my second female maybe a even a tad bluer and she did have green as a hatchling but its hard to pick now. mmaybe theirs just different colours of blues dependingg on where they came from
Yeah i gues a true blue would at least have a blue belly so i agree with you on calling that one a blue/green and i have no idea of it's parentage nor origin.There's definitely different shades of blues.I have heard the best looking blue trees being true blues are found around Cardwell Nth Qld.I'm really enjoying and looking forward to watching these guys colour up over time :D

Can I ask what makes these guys that much harder to keep than pythons. And how much experience would be considered enough to be able to properly care for them.

Cheers.

there not hard to keep as long as your a patent person feeding can be fun eyesight is extremmly good compared to python hatchlings movement can spook them but easy to feed once you work out a routine i dont even scent my pinkies just tease them once they feed 3or4 times theres no stopping them but you have to put more effort into them in the begging

yes brouns cardwell is the famous spot you should probe yours use fishing line there easy if it goes more than 4 to5 sub scales itll be aboy thats if your planning on breeding there easy to breed but ether way good to know there sex they can be caniblist over food so watch them if kept together

Ok, if that is all that is hard then that is fine, I can be very patient when I need to. :)

Are these generally easy to "tame" or are they usually quite fiesty, I know that they are super fast as I have seen one in the wild and boy it could move, so I would image you would cop a few good bites before you even realise they have moved.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back