Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moclobe

Reaction score
Does anyone in Australia currently hold Varanus parsinus in captivity?

What would people pay for these monitors if you could keep them?

no1 to my knowledge (and anyone elses knowledge that iv asked) holds these in captivity but if someone did i imagin they would demand GTP prices as they are pretty much the same thing but for the monitor finatics

not to mention they are the only monitor that isin easy to breed/raise young

the closest you can get to these is the canopy goanna that steve irwin breeds at australia zoo but i dout he would sell any into the private herp trade he also holds rusty monitors but again they are all released as he breeds them

Kenshin,

You really should make sure you know what you are talking about before you post.

There are quite a few species that are hard too raise. Varanus glebopalma, Varanus pilbarensis, eremius.. and a whole bunch of exotic stuff. Also canopy goannas are supposedly quite hard too.

errr he said any1 IN AUSTRALIA i know they are held and bred overseas.... not much isint

as far as hardness well emeralds are apparently the hardest with high hatchling mortality rates and canopey goannas are pretty much kept exactly the same as emeralds as they are vary similar

the ones you listed are difficult for various reasons but emeralds and canopeys are just hard.....

edit: for more info on emerald tree monitors contact the guy that runs a site called Mikes Monitors...... i havent seen the site in quiet some time but he breeds emeralds

Never said they werent held or bred overseas. Read my post again..

Again is tell you they are NOT the hardest. Get your facts straight mate

yea as far as i know all those species you mentioned are not renound for theyre offspring dieing off really easily and as far as i know no1 has eremius at all

All i know is that they look dam fine.

P1010060.jpg

So whats with the funny dancing thing then ? :)

are they Aussie monitors? I hadn't heard of them before I read this post.

not found on australia, but on afew close islands

I personally think these are the most awesome looking monitors around,this is a pic i had sent to me ages ago...
mangrove_monitor.jpg

so brouns what sorts that one you really do have a thing for the colour yellow i think cheers

Mangrove Monitor (Varanus indicus). I'd love some of them! 8)

That's an indicus longtom"mangrove monitor" and yeah i love yellow,i hope to breed an all yellow carpet one day :wink:

Does anyone keep Varanusacanthurus insulanicus?Are they on the species list allowed to keep?They are absolutely stunning!!!I wanna see some of Hugstas yellow ackies :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back