Computer/DVD/TV Question??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rodentrancher

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi all, as yet, we don't own a DVD recorder/player, but have a DVD burner/player on our computer. Just wondering if there is something you can use to connect the DVD player in the computer to the TV. If so where would you plug it in(computer and tv)? Cheers Cheryl Also is there a way to get around the copyright bs when it won't let you burn DVDs

You need an AV OUT video card. Then you can connect that from the computer to the tv via the AV IN on the tv with an AV CABLE.

Hope this helps.

But for $60 you can get a brand new DVD player and there is no fuss. Far simpler, far cheaper.

Re: RE: Computer/DVD/TV Question??

peterescue said:
But for $60 you can get a brand new DVD player and there is no fuss. Far simpler, far cheaper.

Pretty much the better solution!!!!!!

Where can u get a DVD player for $60 Peter? Ebay? Um Alan, not sure what the video card thingo is? Cheap DVD player sounds good to me. And the Copyright bs?? I've tried to burn some DVDs today, and they are all write? protected?

You need a program called "dvd shrink" or any other worth while burning program downloaded off the net. There are plenty out there that can "crack" the write protection, but i personally dont condone or recommend it ;)

As for the dvd player, go to kmart, reject shops or even woolies/coles to get a cheap one that does the job.

Yeah, I guess I really don't agree with copying DVD's with copyright Al, but Fuscus has a whole box of movies and reptile doco DVDS, and can't resist it I'm afraid. Someone mentioned about putting a thin texta line around the DVD edge, which confuses the burner thingo?? Cheers Chery

Never heard the texta one before.

Im pretty sure if you can find "dvd shrink" on the web, all you do is copy the movie to your hard drive (c drive) then use the program to put it on disc.

Thats just what ive heard anyway..... ;)

DVD shrink removes subtitles, extra features everything to make a DVD movie fit on a DVD-R which isn't anywhere near big enough to copy your average DVD. as most DVD movies are burnt onto a dual layer single sided disc. check the back of the box, it will say.

If you want to copy a dual layer disc, you will need a dual layer burner.
Otherwise use Shrink...

Email me tonight and i'll hook you with the right stuff, doesn't crack the write protection, it removes it.
(dsiclamer) By law you can back up dvds if you own them.)
Kee

What Kee said.
The marker pen is only for Audio copyright and you mark over the outer ring of the disc
DVD shrink is great or backing up DVD's that you own. Shrinks them without any loss of picture quality
Minus the extras ect.
Its a free program thats easy to use

RR, most of the electronics stores have cheap DVD players, Tandy had then for $59.99 the other day and Aldi have them sometimes.

Actually Australian copyright laws dont have a fair use clause in them so legally you can not make a copy of a CD/DVD that you own. It also mean that all the people copying their CD to MP3 players or computer are breaking tha law. Which just goes to show what an **** the law is.

Ok thanks Peter. We are a tad out in the sticks here, and don't seem to have all the u beaut stores you city dwellers have eh? I'll try Go Lo, Cheap as Chips and Woolies tho. As to the DVD shrink thingo, I've downloaded it and will give it a go. Har Har me hearties! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back