Big intergrade

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, your friend (with the snake in one hand and a beer in th e other) looks really excited to see that snake.

:p

Hix

thats not a snake, this is a snake:

rtaw_withyou.gif
rtaw_withyou.gif

Yeh thats a monster playwell ive seen that pic a few times imagine what it could swallow :shock: seen a few monstrous true diamonds over the years mainly in late 60s early 70s like that one,The last giant diamond i saw was at taronga zoo in about 88 and was truly amazing if you dont see them in person you cannot appreciate.

RE: Re: RE: Big intergrade

Interesting story in the Cairns Post last week, a scrub python "dropped out of a tree" at a local golf course, grabbed a full grown wallaby and ate it in front of a crowd.

Wow,magpie that is interesting,be no probs for a big scrubby mate! :D

Interesting story in the Cairns Post last week, a scrub python "dropped out of a tree" at a local golf course, grabbed a full grown wallaby and ate it in front of a crowd.
Mags, I saw that on the news here. What pissed me off about it though was they showed a shot of a gtp :p

lol Sam, at least the paper here had pics of the correct snake.
Now one of my Bredli has a pic of a big scrub on her floor.. hope she don't get scared!

There was a similar incident where i live and in a school park where a scrubby dropped from a tree onto a staffy but they got it off.Wish i'd have kept a copy of that paper now.

in sourth africa, when i was still there, there was a story on a guy taking a nap under a tree when a rather large python droped on him. and started to constrict. how did he get it off? he had to almost chew through it. otherwise he was GONE

i saw a huge diamon once when i was down in the bush catching eels by myself about 4-5 years ago in a tree, though it probably wasnt that big concidering i would have been about 10..but it looked huge then :D

Is this dropping from a branch onto prey normal python biz then?
I always imagined they were either higher up, ambushing birds, bats, or in much lower branches hanging down within strike range of terrestrial mammals? :? :D

Big intergrades

Ive found two diamond pythons in hunting mode inny.One was 21 inches and just had adult colour it was hanging down from lantana on a overcast day in summer.It head stared close to ground it it was like an S spring ready to go off.It had lump inside (although still hunting!) and this was later found to be a blue wren from the examination of feathers.Another time i found an average size female diamond curled a few feet up from the base of a large tree that was surrounded by long grass and lantana it was looking down intently at the ground in a S spring pose.Where it was there was alittle trek used by rabbits and she could obviously smell the scent.Also ile add they are difficult to see when in hunting mode as their camouflage comes to the fore.

RE: Big intergrades

You lucky Oldfella, Gosh Id love to see pythons in there natural habitat, I havent had that pleasure yet. I think I could spend all day watchin em doin what they do best. So has anyone actually seen a python deliberatly drop from a tree to catch prey, as oposed to striking and constricting while hanging from branches? I would think that kind of behaviour would be a bit risky to the snake, no?

Cant help with the tarzan approach to hunting inny,thats onley those daft,shot in the head QLD serpents there boy,there masicists. :p

No takers for debunking or confirming pythons dropping on prey from trees? :D

Found a scrubby a couple weeks ago (2.6metre) In a similar pose to those diamonds you were talking about oldfella. Head was about 1m from the ground, S-curves, ready to attack :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back