White Spots found on Max

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pbolomey

Reaction score
Hi,
I just notice the following white spots on my Liasis, there were not there prior shedding about a week ago.

DSC00496_small.jpg

DSC00498_small.jpg

Pablo

maybe just a small fugil infection...take it to a vet, just in case.....

This happens to some snakes after they shed it's something to do with the oils in it's skin.
Normally goes away after the next shed....if it grows or swells up take it to a vet but i'd say it's nothing to worry about.

It could be a small area that has been mildly burned, usually minor burns won't be too obvious until the snake has shed, when they can sometimes get the white scale appearance. If it is that, in time and given a few sheds it will disappear.
Of course it might also be one of the other suggestions, without seeing the snake in the flesh, it can be hard to say for sure.
If you are worried, do as others have said, take it to the Vets for peace of mind.

Neil

I just found a similar problem with one of my female maccy's.
She shed last night and i noticed the white marks this morning.When i cleaned out the tank i found quite a few scales on the floor of the enclosure.I had a branch in there that had sharp edges around the base, i can only guess that she damaged her new skin on the sharp edges.I have removed the branch now.
The red in picture is because she is right under the bulb at the moment.

It looks like the scales have lost pigment, it happens after shedding sometimes, i have had it happen to macs, childreni, stimsons, water pythons, and olive pythons.

OOOOOOOOOO lovely afro, how heavy are they these days? Hope they go for ya.
Would love to see some pics of them.

Steve.

All depends on what state we are in. NSW they are still Liasis.

In NSW they are licenced as Liasis. A scientific name has nothing to do with what state you are in. In this case NPWS just aren't exactly up to date with taxonomical changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back