urgent!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morelia_man

Reaction score
long story cut short.
my northen longneck has been gone for months. (outdoor enclosure)
this has happend before.
i have seen a rat in the enclosure but cant catch it.
i have blue tongues and a goanna in the cage aswell as the turtle.
my turtle has shown up today with what looks like a rat has eaten his back legs.
firstly. what can i do to help the turtle?? (he has been separated from this cage)
secondly. how do i catch this rat without harming any of the other animals??
thirdly. why does my turtle keep dissapearing for months at a time??
please help.

Poor turtle... I rekon you should get him to a vet quick. In regards to the rat, wel im surprised the monitor hasnt eaten it yet... maybe you could set some kind of trap that catches it but doesnt hurt it. That way if it gets one of your other animals they wont get hurt either.

take the blueys out,take out the goanna,,kill the friggen rat by whatever means you like,,fix the enclosure so its rodent proof
my turtle has shown up today with what looks like a rat has eaten his back legs.

oh yeh,,i think you can kiss your turtle bye bye,,live and learn aye

Not nessesarily Baz, if massive infection hasnt set in , it may recover with treatment, but Crikey, get him outta there, sounds like Iraq for turts! :D

Vet straight away mate!

Ya live n learn as Baz said, can you post pic of the damage? whats the turtles current condition/behaviour? :wink: In any case, Im x'ing my fingers for ya ! keep us updated eh.

well he seems happy enough and he is eating in a plastic tub, so i don't see how this soanso baz can so openly say he is gonna die when he has no idea. im not saying he wont but he seems to be happy enough
i can't post a pic of the damage but his back legs look like a rat have taken a few bites out of them

Ok settle down folk, misunderstanding I think, Baz may be assuming its entire back legs are missing.
More water or drydock MM, too little water, risk drowning if he flips. Dep on damage, open/bleeding? dry dock n betadine painted on will be the go to start with.
An appetite is good news! Turtles sometimes lose chunks/feet/tails, usually to other turts, but recover in clean conditions. Infection is your biggest concern. Vet quick smart. :D :wink:

hey, its was an opinion you asked for ,i gave you mine,tough cookies if you dont like it..i did say i THINK you turt is a gonner,,never said i was sure,,,only a dick :wink: would carry on like that

Hes young Baz, misunderstanding, Be happy eh ? :D

Best luck with ya turt! Havent seen you on for a long time.

yeah its been a while, don't come on much any more unless i need some info. mostly because of clowns like baz.
thanks again instar

Dont be too quick to Judge Mm, Baz is a nice Bloke, we all have misunderstandings. Ive gotten off on the wrong foot with a few folk who are now freinds! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back