urgent!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the betadine... Also why dont you put everything in tubs for the weekend with lids of course, set the tank out with rat traps and food like a smorgasboard and try to dispose of him once and for all....Mind you where there is one.....there is a family...Or you could set a trap covered in bird seed on the ground near the enclosure thats what bought mine in "bird seed"

MM, in your post you did say his back legs had been eaten. If this was the case I would have thought the same as ssssnakeman. If it's only a few chunks out of the legs then that is a whole different story.

Apart from all the to an fro-inn. Get it out of the water.
Take it to a vet
Separate the bluetongues from the goanna. Northern longnecks are a tropical species and the aestivate under the mud in rivers and waterways. It shoud be kept indoors. If you dont live in the top end of Australia you should not keep this turtle outside. If you do then ignore that advice.
I dont know what moniter you keep but generally bluetongues are good goanna food.
On the rat. The rat now has a taste for turtel and will probably develop one for bluetongue. I have been there and it is not nice. They are eaten alive and when you have a look in the morning, there they are still alive with no tails, strips out of the back and around the ears eyes and nose. It is gruesome.

so heres the list
Take the turtle out of the water
Take the turtle to a vet.
House the turtle corretly
Clear the enclosure
Kill the rats
Make the enclosure rat proof
Make a new enclosure for the moniter

Hey, guys for all it's worth I have a few turtles and recently one of the bigger ones ate a bit of the smaller guys feet. I separated them, keep the tank really clean, and he is now infection almost gone and foot healing! Just like instar said. Your little guy could have a chance. Cheers.

Are you sure it wasnt the goanna eating the turtles legs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back