Real or fake?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont see anything that makes me think its fake, why do people think its fake. Just looks like 4m olive eating a rock wallaby.

I've looked harder, it's not fake just a bit of shadow dodging in photoshop that's made it slightly "off" to some people. Dodging brings out shadow detail but also destroys depth perception making things look out of place.

Seeing that the reflection of part of the snake shows up in the water, it would have to be a very elaborate fake.

I do realise that the rock formation is real dicco as is the photo in my opinion. My comment was more about how good caveman's fake rock looks LOL.

Hello All, I'm new to this group. I got the photo the other day, it was titled "Kimberley Fishing". If you zoom in on original hi res photo there seems to be a couple of blowies on the snakes neck for scale reference. Either the snake is not that massive or the flies are?

also why does everyone think the snake is soooo big there is nothing for size reference there we dont know how big that rock formation is or what sort of roo that is...... i will say its a rock wallaby which many snakes can eat a large carpet can take a rock wallaby

Well, have a good look and a think about it.
Say the Wallaby would be about 1m from tip to tail?
That means that olive would about 3-4m.
And it's girth is about the same as the wallabies head or a bit smaller?
So it's a 4m olive with a girth the same as my wrist?
That's one skinny 4m olive.
I prefer to believe the wallaby is a bit bigger and so is the olive.

The rock wallabies are right at home in those ledges and rock formations and are much smaller than the average wallaby but quite robust and would be a staple food item fotr olives etc amongst other things...no doubts at all the olive dragged the wallaby up and fully consumed it,but would love to see a pic,if you see something like that you don't just take one or 2 pics that's for sure....the wallaby being small much smaller than your regular grey roo would make the snake appear much larger than it is but no doubt that's for real and pro0bably happens quite often??

looks alot like Weano gorge in the Karijini which is well known for its populations of olives and rock wallabies.

Here's a couple of pics of weano that I took in march

I rekon its a fake!

The roo is definetly bloated (rotting!). How many wild olives do you know of that eat decayed food?

There's something about the snake that i cant get past. If you scroll up or down so that the prey is out of view it looks just like a young olive. Especially comparing the size of the olives head to its body. Adult olives i've seen tend to have a bulky body with a rather slender head but this ones head looks a bit big for an adult, as if its an image of a small one thats been enlarged. That's all i have to say.

ive been sent it with a group of photos... you have to guess which ones are fake... it was fake.

I was realy suprised that anyone would think it was fake.Or in a different area.I think the person taking the photo would know where he was.
Why would some one fake that ?
Like browns says it must happen all the time in the wild. That roo looks no bigger than the other photo that did the rounds a few weeks ago.
When the first photo apeared all the know it all's cried fake. But then the full series of 5 or so shots
hit the net and you could tell striaght away it was real.
Fake or True?
I'm just enjoying the pic as my desktop :)

It's definately not a fake! I mean, who'd do something like that! :? :lol:

Seriously, what's so unbelievable about it ??? It's just one big hungry Olive! :D You guys are such Doubting Thomases! :lol: :lol:

elephant.jpg

ROFLMAO moosenoose.

I still think the roo/wallaby photo is real and with that opinion, I know for sure it wasn't taken by a herper. A herper would have abandoned the rest of the trip to sit and take progressive photos of the meal being pulled up and swallowed. :D

i think i was the only 1 that said it was fake, what do i win :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back