Fish and Feather Apology!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

moosenoose

Legendary
Reaction score
It's not too often I believe I muck things up! But Geeez!!! :lol: I'm gonna have to eat humble pie over this one and admit I got this very wrong! :?

I was looking at the address of what I thought was the Fish and Feather pet shop on Springvale Rd. Apparently it's in Kilsyth!! I've gotten the names messed up somehow! How Dumb! Apparently it now appears I've never stepped foot into the Fish and Feather lol

Don't ask me how I mucked it up, I just have!! Apologies!

(ps: Can any admin feel free to delete the other post, cos it appears that it's crap now and it's all my fault lol)

You were at the zoo wern't you Moosey :)
You've been told about taking those pills

Re: RE: Fish and Feather Apology!!

deano351 said:
You were at the zoo wern't you Moosey :)
You've been told about taking those pills

Or not taking them according to doctor's directions.

:p

Hix

Skorpious said:
Lol so what store did you go too?

cough....cough...cough...apparently I visited the Australian Bird Company on Springvale road in Melbourne.

Can I say, I got it right this time! :oops: :lol: They have Wallabies and Kookaburras. I can't remember who it was that suggested the F & F had none, you were right, and apologies to you too! Rub it in if you like! :lol: :wink:

Anyway, heaven help any of the animals kept at the Australian Bird Company! :evil: I was not impressed! :evil:

RE: Re: RE: Fish and Feather Apology!!

apparently I visited the Australian Bird Company on Springvale road in Melbourne.

Yeah I went there about 2 months ago. I was not impressed!!

Anyway, heaven help any of the animals kept at the Australian Bird Company! I was not impressed

ROLMFAO!! I used the same last words as you and didn't even read all of your post. COINCIDENCE?? or GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE :)

it's crap isn't it. i am however in love with those white cockatoos with the blue faces out the back...they go feral bobbing their heads at you lol. not in love with their living conditions tho :?

Re: RE: Re: RE: Fish and Feather Apology!!

diamond_python said:
GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE :)

You might want to rephrase that considering the balls-up I made yesterday :lol: hehe

Talking of birds, I did like the Macaw they had there. I was talking to it (I think it understood me lol) and was putting my finger in its beak. Sadly my 5 yr old daughter thought that was the done thing with parrots and found a caged White cockatoo hehehe I was nursing a very sore finger and wiping away lots of tears lol hehehe I'm not a great role model! hehehe

The puppies out the back should not have been there!

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Fish and Feather Apology!!

The puppies out the back should not have been there

The ones in the 4 x 1.5 foot enclosure? :x

They used to have Wombats in the bird avaries as well but didn't have any the last time I popped in. And there snakes, well, lets not go there :evil:

Oh, and even better, check out there prices on Herp related products eg. thermostats, heat mats and everything else we use.

The Kilsyth mob (Fish and Feather) are marginally better than the ones south of Springvale (Australian Bird Company) though both fall well short of the mark IMHO.

The security at ABC is something else with 4 meter high electric fences. Me thinks they may have been rolled once or twice.

The prices do not worry me as much as the husbandry conditions.

Both places are staffed mostly by teenagers with minimal knowlege about herps.

Quote:

The ones in the 4 x 1.5 foot enclosure?

G's i was planing on commin down to melbourne in the near future to check out some pet shops (oh and visit my sister) but i dont wanna see anything like that.. what are some good places to chech out?? (sorry to hijack)
Megz

p.s how many puppies were in it?

The security at ABC is something else with 4 meter high electric fences. Me thinks they may have been rolled once or twice.

Why would anyone want to steal mites and god knows what else :lol: :roll:

moosenoose said:
ps I'm changing my nick to Goosenoose :lol:

Is that why you started wearing a bag on your head?

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Fish and Feather Apology!!

OuZo said:

The ones in the 4 x 1.5 foot enclosure? :x

Yes! Dismal, inadequate and cruel are the words that spring to mind! The worst bit is unless you want to go looking for puppies to buy they are out of sight (which means out of mind also :() They had about 6 Labrador pups in one of those glass boxes! :evil: Admittedly there was no roof on the enclosures, but it certainly wouldn't do anything for airflow in general! Where is the RSPCA when it comes to things like this. Surely there are better standards :?

Again, this has nothing to do with the F & F in Kilsyth. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back