What happened in the cricket!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pugsly

Very Well-Known Member
Banned
Reaction score
Anyone else see the dismal batting display the Aussies put on!!

SINCE WHEN DID ENGLAND LEARN HOW TO BOWL!

What a turn up!

anyone got the details on the new attacks, i was watchin teh game and someone told me that there have been more bombings

Apparently copycats trying just to scare ppl, no casualties, small explosions thats it.

We got early wickets in the cricket yee haa!

we ended up having them 97/7 ooh ahh glenn mcgrath has 5for already what a champion.

Re: RE: What happened in the cricket!!!

The small explosions were because only the detonators went off.

I thought the cricket was great... it is a pity that some of us have to get up for work the next day otherwise I would have watched it to the end. That pitch has more life in it than the WACA.

pugsly said:
Apparently copycats trying just to scare ppl, no casualties, small explosions thats it.

We got early wickets in the cricket yee haa!

Exactly right, the hoped for hero Warne actually cost them the game when he dropped the sitter. Everyone is being very quiet about the cricket, can't imagine why :)

How did Flintoff get man of the series?!! Sure England won the Ashes, good on em. But i really don't think Flintoff was the outstanding player of the series. Warney got 40 odd wickets over the series, Flintoff got 27? correct me if im wrong.(Just an example).

I think under the circumstances England were the better team, and congratulations. Although there were definately a lot of poor elements to the Aussie game! Where was that catch warney!!!!! and Pieterson for 158, that just killed us!!!

Cheers Rossco.

Well you are the first person I have spoken to that has doubted Flintoffs right to that award :). 40 wickets mean nothing if they didn't alter the direction of the game, just look at what Flintoff did in the last test when Australia was 200 odd for 2, he changed the games direction. It was not only his bowling that changed games, he scored runs when they were needed, over 400 at an average of over 40, Warne scored under 250 at a average of 27. You need to look at the overall picture and in that context Flintoff changed the direction of tests more than any other player.

I was hoping the Aussies would kick their lillie white asses!!!!!!

I agree with Rossagon.. Warnie deserved it, Flintoff should be making runs, ware is a tail ender and also equally got us out of hard situations were we could have lost the ashes after 3 games..

He always turned the game in Australias favour with brilliant bowling, and it was just a shame he didnt have anyone up the other end to help him out..

Ohwell as stated Catches win matches, it was kinda weird, the one man who has kept us in the series the whole time is the one who potentially threw it away when we were getting on top.. Poor warnie..

I can only assume you didn't watch any of the test series, ordinarily I would agree to an extent but boring is definitely something that couldn't be said about the Ashes series.

Thats for sure, oh well we cant win every series, we will smash em in 18 months when they play here anyways, well thats if we

1. Bat better
2. Bowl better
3. Catch Better
4. Dont get beaten by Bangladesh in warm up games.
5. Get some umpires who no what the hell they are doing!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back