useless facts

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ashley_morris22

Reaction score
its friday and im board

- Peanuts are one of the ingredients of dynamite.

- The average person's left hand does 56% of the typing.

- "Dreamt" is the only English word that ends in the letters "mt".

- In most advertisements, the time displayed on a watch is 10:10.

- The microwave was invented after a researcher walked by a radar tube and a chocolate bar melted in his pocket.

- There are 336 dimples on a regulation golf ball.

- Shakespeare invented the words "assassination" and "bump."

- Women blink nearly twice as much as men.

- The names of the continents all end with the same letter with which they start. ... Ok a lot of people have been bustin on me with this one since North America and South America obviously don't start with the same letter as they end with. I duno how to rephrase it but just assume i am referring to "America." FYI The reason this took so long to correct was because i lost the program/files i used to make this site (hence no updates) and had to learn to read html to write this.

- The word racecar and kayak are the same whether they are read left to right or right to left.

- American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by eliminating one olive from each salad served in first-class.

- The electric chair was invented by a dentist.

- Vatican City is the smallest country in the world with a population of 1,000 and a size of 108.7 acres.

- Red is the most commonly colored vehical involved in accidents each year.

- Cows have four stomachs.

- Cows and horses sleep standing up.

- If you get the recomended 8 hours of sleep each night you will sleep over 2,900 hours each year.

- The average family will spend $250,000 (thats a quarter million dollars) on each child from the time he/she is born until he/she turns 18.

- The oldest person to live was Jeanne Louise Calment, she lived for a whopping 122 years until she died of smoking related complications. Don't Smoke!

- If your like Jeanne Calment and live over 100, you are considered a Centurian.

- Christopher Columbus was the greatest explorer NEVER to discover America. In fact, he didn't even come close.

- There are, on average, 259 raisins in a box of Raisin Bran and 388 in a box of Premium Raisin Bran.

- There is no ice covering Iceland.

- MacDonalds fries are made with beef flavoring. mmmmmmm.

- The internet is NOT FREE, a group of companies actually own the internet.

- Latin is a dead language.

- Dolplins are the only other mamals besides humans that have sex for fun.

- Dogs can't decifer size. Thats why little dogs are mean.

- The swastika was origionaly a symbol of peace and honor and is still used by Buddhists today.

- Bart Simpson's voice on the Simpsons is actually done by a woman, Nancy Cartwright.

- Giraffe's tongues are 22 inches long and black with pink dots.

- No president of the United states was an only child.

- Marilyn Monroe had 6 toes on one foot.

- Elvis had a twin brother named Aaron, who died at birth, which is why Elvis' middle name was spelled Aron: in honor of his brother. It is also misspelled on his tomb stone.

- The the oldest living thing on earth is 12,000 years old. It is the flowering shrubs called creosote bushes in the Mojave Desert.

- Al Capone's business card said he was a used furniture dealer.

- The South Pole was reached for the first time on 14 December 1911 by a team of explorers led by Roald Amundsen.

-Julius Caesar was the first to encode communications, using what has become known as the Caesar Cipher.

- In 1969 the US launched a male chimpanzee called Ham into space.

- The first written account of the Loch Ness Monster, or Nessie, was made in 565AD.

- All pyrimids were bright white.

- A shark is the only fish that can blink with both eyes.

- There are more chickens than people in the world.

- A cat has 32 muscles in each ear.

- An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.

- Tigers have striped skin, not just striped fur.

- A dragonfly has a life span of 24 hours.

- The heart of a blue whale is the size of a small car. The tongue of a blue whale is as long as an elephant.

- The giant squid has the largest eyes in the world.

- A cockroach can live nine days without its head before it starves to death.

- A polar bear's skin is black. Its fur is not white, but actually clear.

- More people are killed by donkeys annually than are killed in plane crashes.

- If you keep a goldfish in the dark room, it will eventually turn white.

- A snail can sleep for 3 years.

- You can't fold of piece of paper in half more than 7 times. Don't believe me? Try it.

- If you strech your arms straight out as far as you can, thats about how tall you are. Try it.

- There are 293 ways to make change for a dollar.

- There are only 4 words in the English language which end in "dous": tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and hazardous.

- It's impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.

- A cockroach can live nine days without its head before it starves to death. Try it!

lol, we have a random encylapedia some where around here. i think it says a ram can "hint hint wink wink" 23 ewes in a day or somethin.

will try to find it when i get some spare time,

andrew

When lions are mating, they have sex, on average, once every 15 minutes for three days straight.

I know what I want to be re-incarnated as.

:p

Hix

Hix said:
When lions are mating, they have sex, on average, once every 15 minutes for three days straight.

I know what I want to be re-incarnated as.

:p

Hix

but each time they have sex it only lasts several seconds :wink:

true

a type of dwarf chimpanzee bases its social structure on sex, theyshow dominance over other ones with having sex with them

Sharks eyes roll backwards, no blinking at all.

true

a type of dwarf chimpanzee bases its social structure on sex, theyshow dominance over other ones with having sex with them

Eer, this would only be with animals of different sex right?

Dicco said:
Sharks eyes roll backwards, no blinking at all.

true

Eer, this would only be with animals of different sex right?

I hope so!

Dolplins are the only other mamals besides humans that have sex for fun.
Binobo(sp) chimps shag non stop father daughter a whole game the family can play.j/j

BROWNS said:
Dolplins are the only other mamals besides humans that have sex for fun.
Binobo(sp) chimps shag non stop father daughter a whole game the family can play.j/j

I'm fairly sure they're the 'dwarf' chimps Tom was refering to, even though they're the same size as the more common sp. Hmm, what an interesting little primate, fun 24/7.

yeah there good... we use to get sent them all the time.. a couple more are....
Butterflies taste with their feet...
Polar bears are left handed...
A pigs orgasm can last for 30 minutes...
On avarage right handed people will live 9 years longer then left handed people...
thats all i can remeber at the moment..
Megz

ashley_morris22 said:
- The average person's left hand does 56% of the typing.

mustnt be average then, I type mostly with one hand.

- In most advertisements, the time displayed on a watch is 10:10.

its a symetry thing

- Shakespeare invented the words "assassination" and "bump."

he also created words like rose, "as in the sun rose"

- Women blink nearly twice as much as men.

thats because they are looking at men and going "what the......"

- American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by eliminating one olive from each salad served in first-class.

all airlines saved more than that in fuel costs by banning smoking.

- The average family will spend $250,000 (thats a quarter million dollars) on each child from the time he/she is born until he/she turns 18.

Again, I cant be average.

- If your like Jeanne Calment and live over 100, you are considered a Centurian.

that would be a centagenarian I think, a centurian is one of a hundred.

- Christopher Columbus was the greatest explorer NEVER to discover America. In fact, he didn't even come close.

Actually he did, The Caribean is part of the Americas

- The swastika was origionaly a symbol of peace and honor and is still used by Buddhists today.

in fact it has popped up in many cultures, it is also a Native American symbol and a Hindu one.

- The the oldest living thing on earth is 12,000 years old. It is the flowering shrubs called creosote bushes in the Mojave Desert.

I had a suspicion its a type of hibiscus that is groiwing in Madagascar but there is also the grove of trees that is one tree in Tassie. Both are far older.

- Al Capone's business card said he was a used furniture dealer.

He was jailed for tax evasion

- All pyrimids were bright white.

not the ones in Sth America

- A shark is the only fish that can blink with both eyes.

been done already

- There are more chickens than people in the world.

During my cooking apprenticeship I roasted over 1million chickens. I hope there are no chickens in heaven

- An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.

an ostriches bum is bigger than its brain

- You can't fold of piece of paper in half more than 7 times. Don't believe me? Try it.

I have tried this and if you geta big enough piece of paper its not true. I used photographic backdrop paper and got aboyt 2 more fold.

- If you strech your arms straight out as far as you can, thats about how tall you are. Try it.

- It's impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.

done it and they didnt pop out, thought they would but was worth a try
quote]

just thought I'd respond to some of your hard work Ashley

an effort deserves a bit of effort back. Im working on the rest of them.

Sharks don't have eyelids, therefore they can't blink. They have a protective membraine that covers there eyes while they atteack and eat.
the Dictionary say's
to blink -To close and open one or both of the eyes rapidly

it can do this with its membraine and buy rolling

No doubt the Marilyn story was made up by jealous houswives
Thousands of photo's have been taken of her feet, this is one by Milton H. Greene

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back