Can't read posts

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like Ramsayi said
Only since upgrade
No other site has the problem
Only doing it on about every fifth or so post, everything else is fine
The site seems very light in colour to, no contrast between sections
Just putting in some feedback, still love the site.

I started to see the problem on one of the computers I use. Looking at the source for the page I can see that the spaces are hard coded in the text:

<td valign="top" class="postbody">  H  e    w  a  s    l  o  g  g  e  d    o  n    t  h  e    o  t  h  e  r    d  a  y    R  i  c  k  o</td>

Reminds me of some of the garbage that some of the Microsoft code generators produce.

reCant

Oooh Lutzd,I thought it was a plot against unlogged poster peekers by the supreme aps commanding general 8)

is anything being done about this? what the hell is the admin/web host doing? grr :evil:

As an admin, I've had a look at the problem (to answer your question) but I don't have the expertise to resolve it.

As I said above, "Slateman Junior (SJ for short) is our resident guru. He is working a couple of jobs at the moment and is rarely home, but the problems have been reported to him and he will attend to them as soon as possible. " and that still remains true. As it only seems to affect people who are NOT logged on, the galleries are taking a higher priority for him, when he can fit it in to his busy schedule. He will get to it.... promise.

In the meantime, if you're a guru with this software, we're open to suggestions for possible cures....

I've noticed it happens only on some posts. Maybe the people who have it and don't have it happen to their posts could outline how they post (eg OS, Browser, Quick Reply or Post Reply button).

Very good question, Adam! Hadn't thought about that approach!

THis post was created using the Quick Reply (which I usually use, 'cause I'm lazy! :)

I'll post another one here using the Post Reply button.

I am on Windows XP Pro Version 2002 SP2 (Right click My Computer and select Properties) and Internet Explorer. Using Help, About in my browser window : V6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519

If a few other users could do the same thing, that would be great!

Some of the users where the spaced characters appear are :
herptrader
deano351
nome
Reptilegirl
Peterescue
Ouzo
serpenttongue
instar
Skorpius
pugsly
trader
dobermanmick

Some of the users where the double-spacing DOESN'T appear are:
alexr
Jason
zulu
danw
pike1
possum

If some of the above users (both categories) could post with the info required it might help SJ narrow it down. Thanks in advance, everyone, for your co-operation.
Type of post : Quick Reply and Post Reply button
Operating System and version
Browser used and version

Created using Post REply

Post Reply button with signature and Email on Reply turned off.

No - don't worry about it folks! I think we've found it! If you log off and look through the posts, it's only the posts with a signature file that has the problem! Yay! SJ is going to try adjusting a few settings, including disabling HTML, so if strange things start happening, don't worry! It will just be SJ testing! :) :)

I've turned off signature files for the time being until we can isolate this nasty bug and spray it with some concentrated bug killer.

.... we'll get back to you with progress reports asap.

This issue has now been resolved. To enable your signature ensure that:

a) It is enabled in your Forum Profile
b) You check the "Attach signature" box to display your signature when you post

Moreliaman, I sent u a pm but they're sitting around my outbox for ages 1 still to someone els at like 1:30pm :?
C at the top of this page where it says profile? U gotta do ya signature in there, I worked that out last night and it dont work in account settings 8)

WOOOWWWW

action-smiley-078.gif

easily pleased !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back