Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sam

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what large pythons can be kept together. Ive heard olives are canablistic does that mean you couldnt house a pair or say an olive and a bhp together if the tank was big enough

Black headed pythons are also canabilistic... Its an ambitious move to house them together! but it would be a great mix :p.

i know that some people keep coastals togethere, but i wouldnt think they breed them and it would depend on the animals behaviour.

I have seen it done very succsessfully but there is always murphys law to consider

OK??? I have been told that Coastals are one variety that can be
co-habitated ...... Am I wrong??? I have 2 Coastals that are about 2 1/2 foot each. They have been together since I got them.

Whats everyone's thoughts.......
I thought there was nothing wrong with having 2 Coastals together........

I wouldnt even house 2 bhps together unless mating, as you may end up with only 1. bhps will eat any other snake venomous as well if they feel hungery. Best to keep everything seperate if you can for hygenic reasons.

I house all my diamonds together.
They are now paying the price for it. Ive got to do a lot more work on them.
Their health has gone down, they are underweight even though they are eating regularly.
Im in the process of making individual acommodation for all the snakes.

I keep both of my Darwins housed together, but then I also haven't had the time or real experience to say whether it'd be a problem or not. They seem to curl up and keep each other company. The bigger one would be quite capable of eating the younger one I'd imagine.

Hell, lets put it in perspective, I'm sure if I was stuck up in a mountain in a plane wreck for a week or so I'd be thinking of donking you on the head and eating you! Give anything a long enough amount of time and just about anything would look tasty hehehehe

My friend keeps his 6ft Jungle, 4ft Atherton, and 2 Ft Diamond in the same cage and has done so for a few years now! Never had any trouble.

A diamond that size would be a yearling or a :? little older - so how has he kept them all like that for years?!

My Darwins are kept together but they are all about the same size. I have a friend who keeps nurmerous coastals together as long as they are generally around the same size too. It's feed time that is the real danger and if you are housing together it is essential to seperate at this time.

I went to a blokes place to by a snake once and he had 5 yearling Coastals in together. I asked him that very question. He said he had been keeping snakes for 15 years and never had a problem.

This diamond pair have been kept together for 13 months. As Ange said, separate them at feeding time. My female grabbed the male and wrapped a couple of coils around him choking the crap out of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back