Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Linus

Reaction score
This may sound a bit strange to some but do any of you have dreams about snakes?

Ever since I have had an interest in snakes (about 15 years), I have had regular dreams - about once a fortnight - about snakes. Usually it involves me stumbling accross a beautiful python in the wild. Sometimes finding a tree full of diffrerent pythons.

Occassionally it involves getting bitten by a taipan. :shock:

Last night I hada dream I opened the boot of a car and there was this awesome jungle python. I wasn't surprised by this at all and just picked him up and had a good look at him then let him go in the bush.

Am I alone in this or do others have reptilian dreams?

when i was a lil kid i used to dream about stumbling across a "den" full of komodo type monitors..happened a few times, always fun but when i tried to dream about the den..it never worked
not long after that my dreams turned to girls and teachers i had hopeless crushes on
cute but pitiful,lol
baz

re Snake

Yeh i have dreams about this bright yellow bee like bhp escaping from the evil doctor Rocks compound in North Queesland and coming to stay with its new owner ME :p Yeh Rock sent the iceman after it but he was attacked by a horde of hypo coastal Taipans.Sometimes i dream ime boss Hog sitting on the verandah with the shotty in my lap and smoking on a big seegar yep ime minding my new record clutch of two hundred GTPS what a bitch.

My first missus still dreams about mine so I'm told

After almost 4 years of marriage, my wife just found mine :) :)

I too have had the odd snake dream but I cannot remember what any of them were about. :)

I rember one recently when I caught a striking red belly black with my bare hand. I was so impressed that I woke up :shock: .

Interesting! Freud said that snakes in dreams represent a phallus! :) Apparently a lot of people dream about snakes! Do a Google search on "snake dreams" (include the quotes)!

fishman,- you are a very sick induvidual indeed. I heard that she had cut it off during the honeymoon.
Maybe thats what she dreams of, cutting it off again.

Yes i have regular snake dreams. They're always about diamonds. One was a re-occurring dream where i would climb a cliff and at the top was a huge, deep green grassy field with diamonds all around the edge in the shade of trees. Another dream was finding a very old house in the treetops of a very dark, dank rainforest where i would find the ultimate black and white diamond along an old rope bridge up in the trees before getting caught by the disgusting troll that lived in the treehouse. And my final one is finding a very old barn thats very dark inside and there's diamonds of all sizes up in the rafters.

I often dream about Lace Monitors too, but the dreams only contain images of Lacies with no real story.

I think when you obsess over something long enough, it will eventually enter your dreams.

I think when you obsess over something long enough, it will eventually enter your dreams.

When will my turnip dreams commence?

me i dream about reptiles all the time like i find neew species or i have ashed full of animals or i own a zoo crazy i know but fun at the time

not really, i think i drempt about cobras when i was little but i think it was a nightmere,

i hardly remember my dreams now adays.

for some reason i only dream about exotics i dreamt about cutting my hand getting spat on by an spitting cobra and then was told the best way to avoid dying was to put my hand into a crate of eyelash pit vipers

At the start of this year not long before I handled a live hatchling for the first time, I had a tactile dream (a dream where you have a sence of touch). In the dream I was handed an adult diamond (can't remember exact colouring, only that it was a diamond) where I felt the scales as I held on to it. I woke up soon after and wondered if that is what a snake actually feels like.

Good to hear I"m not a complete weirdo. :)

Serpent tongue. - yours sounds similar to my type of dreams. The one where you walk in and there's diamonds of all sizes on the rafters etc. I have had heaps like that.

Wombat - does that mean the dream was the impetus behind you getting a snake? Or had you made your decision to get a python previously?

Linus said:
Wombat - does that mean the dream was the impetus behind you getting a snake? Or had you made your decision to get a python previously?

I already decided to get a python (still waiting). My head was overloaded with info on pythons due to a lot of research on the internet so it had to express itself somehow. :wink: :lol:

The reason I haven't got a diamond yet is because I haven't found a diamond I like yet. I hope to get a diamond hatchling this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back