Yellow Spotted Monitors......

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deano

Reaction score
Does anyone in this list keep yellow spotted monitors? You don?t see much going for sale, if anyone has any I would love to see some pics :D specially the big ones, cheers.

Are you referring to panoptes or gouldi generally ? It's a bit of a grey area .

Sorry guys, im referring to Panoptes, thanks.

I don't keep them, but photographed this big one at Fogg Dam two years ago.

Varanuspanoptes.jpg

:p

Hix

Nice pic mate, would they be say the 2nd biggest monitor in Australia besides the Perentie or can they get bigger, cheers.

Some places/people say lacies are bigger, others say panoptes. They both get big but generally don't reach the size a perentie can.

I would say without hesitation that the Lace monitor is second biggest but it can be fairly close.

Ive seen some huge panoptes before, but I still think lacies get bigger.

Though, panoptes are very strong and keeping them was quite a challenge, im glad I only had the adults a short while!

re Yellow

In our neck of the woods deano the keepers i know mainly have got the flavirufous and goulds but i havent seen any panoptes, there must be a few northern keepers at least on this site with some? cheers colin.

Are you referring to panoptes or gouldi generally ? It's a bit of a grey area .
Not really, V panoptes is a yellow spotted monitor and V. gouldi is a sand monitor or a Goulds monitor. Although very similar in appearance panoptes are a much heavier bodied animal.

That's not really what I meant, I have often heard gouldi, flavirufus and panoptes all referred to as just sand monitors and some that don't even accept panoptes as a species. That's what I meant by it being a grey area.

gouldi flavirufus golden echidna has a baby pair for sale on reptilesdownunder for 900 for the SUSPECTED pair. i enquired but i only wanted one and he wouldnt seperate.

I have an adult female lined up for $300 which is a good price. $900 is top dollar for a possible pair and there is no real way to guarantee they are a pair without x-rays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back