Panther shot in Victoria!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
whatever it may have been, its a shame he had to kill it., any followup story on the dna analysis? definate id? as for dumping in a river, thts just weird, why do that, pollute the river, yes itll rot ,fish will feed but still. couldve left the carcase on the ground for the elements and nature to dispose of, or handed the lot in for easier id.
on the other hand the old chap is from victoria! :p

what does eveyone think of yowies?

I'm prepared to be criticised, but, I challenge any skeptic to spend a few nights camped in the bush up here in the Mountains. I guarantee your perspective on alot of things will change! 8) [/i]

I know if I shot a panther I'd be hanging it up in a tree before throwing it into a river... and then I know I'd wait four months before picking the tail out of my pack and telling anyone about it or getting the DNA checked :) I would also leave the paws, teeth and any other easily identified bits behind... just in case... I seemed credible. You know how it is, people who see aliens, the virgin Mary, Yowies, Yettis, panthers and honest politicians... the stories are always vague and inconclusive, this guy was just keeping with the customs, nothing to do with it being false, it's just -tradition- to leave things inconclusive if they are lies, er, paranormal truths :) Don't believe the WILD FANTASIES of those who think people might conjur stories up to get attention or a few laughs, these people are just trying to fool you! :lol: It isn't possible to fool anyone these days anyway, no one would fall for photoshopped pictures or the anectodes of some random attention seeker!

Thats a rather ignorant thing to say for someone who is interested in science....

i still beleive that they are out there :) the same with yowies and all hte other things i once watched a show on animal planet they were trying to track a monster lizard from aussies interior and iteveiwed a bus load of people who said they seen a lizard on the side of the road that stood 3 m high and was at least 10 m long now that would be a awesome lizard :)

nathanbrisvegas said:
i still beleive that they are out there :) the same with yowies and all hte other things i once watched a show on animal planet they were trying to track a monster lizard from aussies interior and iteveiwed a bus load of people who said they seen a lizard on the side of the road that stood 3 m high and was at least 10 m long now that would be a awesome lizard :)

People also see metre long blue tongues, and 30 foot Great Whites :)

Yeah hey i'm as bored with the world as anyone else and would love to believe in all kinds of cool creatures, in particular sirens, mermaids and female vampires, imagine walking thru the scrub, hearing an amazingly beautiful song, following the song and finding a lusty babe waiting for a bloke to... anyway u get the picture. That doesn't mean i'm going to accept wild fantasies as fact without solid evidence.
I like to think Yeti's, big foot, yowie monsters etc are small surviving pockets of primitive homoerectus, though not related to homo sapiens, like those little dudes they found the corpses of in indonesia this year, they called them hobbits because of their small size Lol, anyone remember that news item?

Haha, maybe in Jaws, but considering they usually get to 12 for a nice sized one, I find 30 foot a little funny ;)

no i dont remember the hobits but i would love it if there were little human communities we could build and the could clean my room for me and i could let me accies go throught theyre miniatre town and terrorise them lol :twisted:

Dicco said:
Haha, maybe in Jaws, but considering they usually get to 12 for a nice sized one, I find 30 foot a little funny ;)

Nah 12 foot is still a neon tetra for a great white. Largest caught to date was 23 foot i believe. So it may be conceivable that 30 footers are out there??

nathanbrisvegas said:
no i dont remember the hobits but i would love it if there were little human communities we could build and the could clean my room for me and i could let me accies go throught theyre miniatre town and terrorise them lol :twisted:
Lmao, that would be fun wouldn't it, a game i could really enjoy with the kids. :lol:

=quote=Lmao, that would be fun wouldn't it, a game i could really enjoy with the kids. =quote=

yer i thought so too sick but fun :twisted:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2004/10/1027_041027_homo_floresiensis.html
Here ya go kids, a link to the hobbit discovery if u care to read it, according to the news story that hit the media a while back inhabitants of remote villages in indonesia believed they were still around only 500 years ago, and there are also records of the dutch settlers at that time having seen them. Believe it or not these wee little folk existed once, til when is the question...

It's a migit with a pocket bike and a large domestic cat LMAO

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back