unsuccesful road kill atemp

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy_the_kid

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hey peoples early tonight i got a call from a friend of mine that he seen someone run over a large snake about 5 minutes from my house he said it was still alive so i got him to give me a lift out to it when i got there it seemed to be very dosicle at first i thought it was dead when i got closer i noticed it was breathing so descided to bag it and run it to the vet

the vet asked me to hold the snake till morning and bring it back when the other vets were avalible (she was very snake phobic)

what im looking for is some helpful hint to keep it alive till morning if it is injured badley

I don't think there is a great deal if it has something wrong internally. - just keep the heat on it throughout the night. (Don't know if that really helps - but the best I could think of!)

i took it out of the bag to see if i could notice any major injurys i might be able to help with and it looked quite ok apart from its moth witch it at times had trouble closing i think all its muscle probley protected its organs cause it seemend very intact her are a few pics i got someone to take whil i was checking him out (he is im guessing about 7-8 ft)

i tried to get it bag as possible but he didnt make it easy

Put it in a bag and dont handle it, if it has internal injuries or broken bones playing with it is not helping.
Dont do anything else with it.

he he guess we forgot to mention to the site me and thalia are back in qld on the sunny coast

(jessie)

Must be someones pet, i dont like the chances of it being alive in the morning.

If you are on the Sunny Coast with it, pop it down to the Wildlife Hospital at Australia Zoo. If it is fixable they will spend the dough to do it.

hey its at the vets now ot was very active when we got it out of the bag but its head and about 1 inch of its neck were limp so he suspected some soft tissue damage he is going to give it some anti inflamatories and keep it under observation for 24 hours before exraying it i asked him to keep me posted on how its going so ill keep you all posted aswell i think he might make it well i hope so anyways

(jessie)

and aill remember that aussie zoo thing for next time thanx gecko dan

he he guess we forgot to mention to the site me and thalia are back in qld on the sunny coast

What?? You left sunny rainy sunny rainy windy hot Melbourne for QLD. Shame on you both ;) :)

Hope the snake gets better :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back