Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
re GTP

Morelia_Hunter said:
The comments about the albinos are amazing? Clearly you have not kept them yourself. You can hardly compare them to GTPs which in my opinion is also a nice snake. The albinos have small clutches and seem to have had even smaller clutches this year? Very strange? They are also a little bit difficult in the first few months to get eating steadily. I am just talking about the ones I know off, others might have had different successes. I think $6600 is too little for a rare snake like this! Its all about supply and demand. Keep the numbers low, then you can keep your price up!
Yep the bucks are on albino darwins and GTPS this year,thats where demand is at the moment. :D

Has anyone even stopped to think that the possible reason the price is so high is because most of that money will be going to the tax man???

Somehow I don't think that he'll be declaring all of his income to the taxman. Unless his finances are controlled by a third party eg. a payroll, I think it's safe to assume that only he'll declare a miniscule part of his income to the taxman (just like many of the people in the "aquarium industry"). Call me a cynic. :p

And I agree with the people who think that $10k is a lot of money to pay for a GTP. It's simply ridiculous but hey, to each his own. :wink:

Be happy.. :D

orsm said:
Has anyone even stopped to think that the possible reason the price is so high is because most of that money will be going to the tax man???

Somehow I don't think that he'll be declaring all of his income to the taxman. Unless his finances are controlled by a third party eg. a payroll, I think it's safe to assume that only he'll declare a miniscule part of his income to the taxman (just like many of the people in the "aquarium industry"). Call me a cynic. :p

I think he would want to. If he didnt and they found out, there would be his whole efforts, time and most likely lively hood, down the drain in one bad mistake. And with all the fuss on the net and in herp societies everywhere around australia, i reckon big brother is watching him already.

re GTP

Dont mention TAX :x :shock: :x

Ok yung browneye uncle zulu has granted you a special payrise

Hey nobody calls him Browneye without my permission :twisted:

re GTP

ether said:
The other being??............ Bent over by the tax man???

Death
Yes little dude theres the death thing what a bitch,anyone out there thats gonna snuff it uncle zulu will pick up there GTPS and other herps free of charge :D

Death is not inevitable! I plan to live forever!! Muhahahaha So far so good!

Yep the bucks are on albino darwins and GTPS this year,thats where demand is at the moment.

I find the word demand a little excessive for summing up these animals. Sure they are desirable, but the price makes them only available for either the incredibly rich or equally stupid! :lol: Im sorry, but unless you drive a 300k Porshe when collecting your 10k snake, I'd be looking at you thinking you're about right for the looney bin! 10k for a snake is obscene! Plain and simple :?

moosenoose said:
Im sorry, but unless you drive a 300k Porshe when collecting your 10k snake

*said in a prim and proper private school boy voice*

"oh daddy, can you give me a lift to melbourne please?"....LMAO

If you are a company you pay 33 % or so tax. Anyone earning as much as roy will of the gtp's would be mad not to be a company.

I find the word demand a little excessive for summing up these animals. Sure they are desirable, but the price makes them only available for either the incredibly rich or equally stupid! Im sorry, but unless you drive a 300k Porshe when collecting your 10k snake, I'd be looking at you thinking you're about right for the looney bin! 10k for a snake is obscene! Plain and simple

I don't really think so. I don't like chondros much at all, and won't be paying $10,000 for them, but I don't think doing so is all that crazy. When I buy (or take as a gift) a Children's python or any other snake, I look at it as costing me about that much money. I'll have to spend something like $1,000 in caging over its lifetime, something like $2000 in food over its lifetime, however much in electricity, cage furnishings, possible health related costs and possible around half to one hour in time per week in maintenance - around 500-1000 hours over its life, which must be worth at the very least $5,000... add it all up and you realise that taking on a $250 childreni is actually going to be an investment in the order of the price of a chondro, so a chondro actually only really costs about twice as much as an "ordinary" snake.

If chondros were my dream snake, I'd be saving up for one. I'm fortunate enough for most of my favourite snakes (red bellied blacks, death adders, water pythons, Children's pythons) to be worth less than $500 each which has meant that I've been able to afford to get several of each (although I don't have any red bellies at the moment :( ) and I'm paying off most of the $10,000 per snake gradually, but if I now found myself without any water pythons and had to spend $20,000 to get a pair, I'd be striving to get the money together and happy to pay it once I had it. I also wouldn't give a moment's consideration to offers of $10,000 for many of my snakes, even though their market values are trivial. I think the perceived value of animals is often far too low. Each to their own, but I can understand people shelling out huge sums of money for snakes they dearly want.

As for Roy, he is making a cr@p load of money because he has put in a lot of hard work, risked a lot of his own money and had a bit of good luck, I don't think we need to critise him about what he is doing with his chondros, if you don't like the price, be like Moosey and Sdaji; don't buy them! :)

I can understand people shelling out huge sums of money for snakes they dearly want.
thats true i would pay big bucks for an albino spotted python, if i could get one. and i will happily be paying 5k for a good pair of womas when i get the cash.

They are worth what people will pay as is everything. If people want to pay that much then they will, if people don't they wont. Simple.

Didnt Tim sell his Chondro's for $6500 last season?
BIG price difference wouldnt you say?

But with that said I couldnt care less because im not in the market of buying any :)

Didnt Tim sell his Chondro's for $6500 last season?
BIG price difference wouldnt you say?

If you buy into the stock market and your shares go up by 80% (which is common), would you sell them for what you paid?

If and I mean if he doesn't sell them in time he may lower his price but thats his call.

Fair points Sdaji.

After visiting Roys place last year I was awe-struck (is that a word?? It's mine now!! lol) and $10k in the big picture of things over his way would appear a drop in the ocean for him. I'm looking forward to visiting his new shop!

All I can say is good for him on his successes and his overall achievements with these snakes. I don't wish to showing any negativity towards Roy at all, I just find 10k hard to swallow when talking about buying 1 snake lol And, good luck to anybody who has that lazy 10 or 20k to buy one or a couple of them. Do you think he'd offer a slight discount for say 4 chondros??? hehehe

I've seen the RSP's going for 15k or so. But are they rarer than than the chondros?? Harder to breed?? I'm guessing a mixture of the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back