A guide to real estate? (split topic)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

womas4me said:
If you are a company you pay 33 % or so tax. Anyone earning as much as roy will of the gtp's would be mad not to be a company.

In all honesty womas, me and my father could afford the lot and not even bat an eyelid, but, for some reason my old man doesnt think that "snakes" are a good investment, so instead, we have opted to purchase another apartment in the sydney suburb of Paddington (postcode 2021) which should get us atleast 300% by 2 years time.

A small load better than a few fluoro pythons.

[quote="TeamshermanIn all honesty womas, me and my father could afford the lot and not even bat an eyelid, but, for some reason my old man doesnt think that "snakes" are a good investment, so instead, we have opted to purchase another apartment in the sydney suburb of Paddington (postcode 2021) which should get us atleast 300% by 2 years time.

A small load better than a few fluoro pythons.[/quote]

300% capital growth in 2 years?? :roll:

Damn straight olivehydra!!! In 2 years i predict the apartment to rise in value by 200% for sure. Sydney is one of the ..aahh, blah blah blah, but i still reckon the apartment is a better investment than the snakes.

Idiots Ithink not! Its the people that pay this money now that will reap the benefits of it 3 years down the line. Will see who is stupid then!!!

I dont remember anyone calling anyone stupid????

An investment is and investment, most investors research what they are about to put their hard earnt cash into so again, i dont think there are any stupid people in this thread.......but in other threads...hehehehehe, i'll just shut my mou....i'll just stop typing now and stand over there........

Property is always a sounds investment, you rarely see that value of a property drop over the years. Especially in a city like Sydney. I live near Paddington and i can tell you it is a very nice area and one where people really like to live. The lifestyle is highly sought after. Just recently we have seen a huge property boom, where the cost of a small appartment would have risen almost 100%. Although it has slowed i doubt it is likely to go backwards...

Investing in property is far less riskier than buy a pair of GTP's. Although rasing the captial is much harder...

There are plenty more millionares made from property than GTP's lol

Cheers Alex

Just recently we have seen a huge property boom, where the cost of a small appartment would have risen almost 100%. Although it has slowed i doubt it is likely to go backwards...
House prices have fallen about 10% over the last 18 months, from memory unit prices have fallen even furthur in Sydney so prices can, and definately do go backwards.
Sherman, I hope your tounge is firmly planted in your cheek with your property value increase predictions otherwise I think you'll be sadly disappointed. Pick up the papers and have a look at the property section, you'll see the housing boom is well and truly over. There are people struggling to sell places for what they paid for them over 2 years ago. that is unless you know something about the economy that no one else does??

Depends greatly what area. But yes the housing boom has stopped, and prices have gone down from the peak of the boom but i highly doubt they have gone back down past the price they were at the start of the boom.

Cheer Alex

i think you can never go wrong with property...

Can't breed houses, though land they live on doesn't die either.

There's only so much waterfront land and only inner city space. GTPs will become more common not ness cheaper.

Sounds like you really have no idea what you are on about ether :)

Sounds like you really have no idea what you are on about ether Smile

Brodie if you had any idea what you were talking about then you would know that over the past 5 years Sydney has seen a massive increase in house prices, look at the statistics.
http://www.abs.gov.au/Ausstats/[email protected]/0/4BB570DC4555CA07CA256F7200832F83?Open

Recently,yes, the boom has stopped but people who bought an appartment in 1999 would have made a huge capital gain. Property is a long term investment. I however cannot predict the future so cannot say which housing prices will do over the next few years.

It sounds like you, Brodie, have no idea what you are talking about...

ether said:
Depends greatly what area. But yes the housing boom has stopped, and prices have gone down from the peak of the boom but i highly doubt they have gone back down past the price they were at the start of the boom.

Cheer Alex

agreed alex it all depends on location the hose im staying in at the moment was purcased by my uncle 3 years ago for 1.9 million and today is worth 2.93 million so it really dose depend on where you buy

300% in 3 years, come on lets get serious mate. I agree property is a far sounder investment than pythons but mate by the latest residex report for $200 and try tellin me its goin to triple in price in three years.

I dont have an issue with ya mate but startin a thread telling everyone how rich you and ya old man are seems a little..well aragont.

Just my two cents.

farmland in coastal nsw has increased over 300% in the last three years have a look at the price of farmland at say dungog. bugger the units in sydney :lol: but you might need a little more than a couple of million to get a decent one :wink: + think of all the room for more herps

Too true saxon, i have seen my dream of a small property with access to a permanent creek/river become extremely hard to obtain in the rural town i live in due to wealthy out of town investors. It does suck badly that regular working class famillies like my own are being forced to rent due to wealthy investors who care not for the land and the local area, but that is life and it is understandable. I'll most likely end up buying a nice little patch of red desert sand in the middle of Australia i guess.

Anyone that thinks property values can not go backwards is fooling themeselves. Over extended periods of time of course they will be on an upward curve but remember what happened in the late 80's early 90's with interest rates at 18%? It's called a market for a reason - it can go up and down. If we see many more interest rate increases in the next couple of years all the investors with all their interest only loans will be squeezed out and then you would see properties move backwards very quickly - especially units.

The last 8 years or so has seen tremendous growth which seems to have clouded peoples ideas of realistic capital gains. 300% in a few years is a tad over zealous I think.

It's still better than most investmsntes for sure - especially since you can live in it :) - but don't be fooled into thinking its a sure thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back