A guide to real estate? (split topic)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Saxon, very true about property in Dungog. Over the past 10 years the prices of land has increased by huge amounts. Can see why though, it's damn beautiful there. One of my mates has an acre block in town, has increased greatly in value since he bought it.

Plus, it has good bass fishing. Only reason i would need to live there.

People forget that old threads are available - exactly what you did to a certain member that was volunteering her son for a free python.

You objected to being a rich kid back then.

8th July http://www.aussiepythons.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=178154&highlight=#178154

teamsherman said:
Ahhhhahahahahahhaha Rich kid!! Me?? hang on, theres more...ahahahahahahaahahahhaahahaha.

I havent always had my rich daddy around. I actually grew up with my Mum, brother and sister in a a housing commission estate here in sydney. We went through hard times harder than alot of people. But, all of us (brother sister and me) decided we werent going to be put down by the lack of material things we had as kids, we worked hard and got to where we are today. And we even helped out mum along the way. I dont go clubbing every weekend, i go to my local cause i get free booze there. I rarely have enough dollars myself to by the beer i drink. Im just luck enough to have really really good mates.

Ive been through a poo load in my life which i prefer not to bring up cause i just dont know some of the people reading it personally well enough. But to say i dont understand what life throws at people is the understatement of the century. I get lucky once or twice a year cause my father thinks all the years of neglect is repaid with big gifts. I had my brother and uncle to do the camping and father son things with as a kid so i never did miss him not being there, but im not gonna reject his generosity if he feels its his way of "being there" for me now.

For most that know me personally, they'll tell you that porsches and jets arent my everyday lifestyle at all.

[/url]

I still object to being called a rich kid.

Still doesnt mean that any of the investment is coming my way now. Its called future planning. Its funny that when someone with money has medical scares thats when they become more generous with it cause they think they might not be around long enough to enjoy it to themselves. My old man has had a few lately and seems to be getting a little worried. I dont care either way, keep it or share it thats up to him. Doesnt change the person i am one bit.

I think with Sydney real estate in its current "bloated" state, it will be over zealous indeed to expect 300% return in 3 years. If it's true, then many people including myself will be very happy. :) I think you'll have more luck reaping 300% profit from the share market.

In any case, property investment is definitely a hell of a lot safer than investing in a couple of snakes such as the GTPs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back