PMs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you mean this [DONT USE THIS LANGUAGE AGAIN - LAST WARNING] or something to that effect, it is aN automatic response to swearing, its not human intervention, just the bots of authority (swear word filter)

That's right, Sherminator. Thanks for that. We have no interest in reading or changing people's PM's. In fact, I don't even know HOW to read users' private PM's! :) SJ may, being the guru that he is, but I don't and I suspect none of the other mods do. Rest easy, SHMBO! :)

Well it just happenned again I sent the same message to my husband and it WAS changed unimpressed personal message what a joke how many people have really got accsess?
Once is a glitch twice someone is telling stories. :(

What is being changed? A word here or there that could possibly be the swear filter kicking in, or the entire message content?

Wrasse said:
What is being changed? A word here or there that could possibly be the swear filter kicking in, or the entire message content?

The entire message content

what is promoting another site?

sending someone a link to another site is not promotion...

And it is a PRIVATE message...

Lol I've had that happen too....did it change a .net to a .com? It's probably some kind of automated thingy...I doubt someone's sitting around scanning our pm's :lol: ;)

It is not possible for mods or admin to change or see personal messages. Message can change only automaticaly by swear word filter.
You better to pm to your husband in clean language. :wink:

But seriously, there is no way we can see your pm or change them.

That's a good point actually....it took me to a non existent page when it changed it from .net to .com

Aha! NOW I understand! Yes, the word censor DOES indeed change that text, as some people wouldn't take a hint/suggestion that they not promote other sites on here! Therefore the simplest thing to do was to add that site URL to the word censor.

The word censor is a SITE specific program. We can't elect to NOT apply it to PM's.

It would have been helpful if SWMBO had told us that in the first place! If that address was the only text in the PM then yes, it would have changed the whole message. A little more information next time would make it much easier to answer your question, SWMBO! :)

Also, it's a good idea to PM a moderator about this - and that doesn't include Slateman, as he has elected to NOT moderate on the site.

lutzd said:
Aha! NOW I understand! Yes, the word censor DOES indeed change that text, as some people wouldn't take a hint/suggestion that they not promote other sites on here! Therefore the simplest thing to do was to add that site URL to the word censor.

The word censor is a SITE specific program. We can't elect to NOT apply it to PM's.

It would have been helpful if SWMBO had told us that in the first place! If that address was the only text in the PM then yes, it would have changed the whole message. A little more information next time would make it much easier to answer your question, SWMBO! :)

Also, it's a good idea to PM a moderator about this - and that doesn't include Slateman, as he has elected to NOT moderate on the site.

I get the message but your choice of words leaves a lot to be desired, very infantile.
Thankyou for your quick response as for contacting moderators in the past I have found this to rather slow and as the admin was on line I directed my question to him. I aplogise for not following the chain of comand I was unaware ythere was one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back