Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FoxyLondon

Reaction score
Hello Guys and Gals... Came across this site while I was looking for information on my snake.... I believe she is a Murray Darling Carpet Python... I was given her about 10 months ago, not sure how old she is, but she's about 7 foot long...

The thing is she's not very well and I was looking for information on diseases.. or like...

She has developed a brown scab on her nose, it covers one of the nostrils and I have just noticed it around her anus.

The same thing happened a couple of months ago just before she shed her skin, but after she shed, the scab came off. My initial thought was that she had somehow burn herself on the lamp....

I hope one of you guys can shed some light on this for me... :)

are u sure scab on her nose isnt just skin built up from previous sheds

and do you have any clearer pics of her from where im sitting she looks a little to browny/green for a murry

Hi Jimmy...

Hello Jimmy... When I first got her, I did some research, as you do... The markings on the sides of her mouth suggested that she was a murry... Hey, I'm no expert... In that case it would be nice to know what she really is.. LOL... I'm possitive that the scabs are not from previous sheds... It's the third time this has happpened now. this time it has come back on her bottom as well.... :cry:

the more i look at the top pic the more it looks like a murry lol maybe just not one of the most viberent ones ive seen she is still very pritty tho, as for the scab sorry i couldnt be much help i sugest taking her to a vet

Thank you for the confirmation of what she is... She is beautiful, theres no doubt about that... Extremely placid as well... Photo's are taken throught the glass, dulls the colours.. You can't appreciate the blue sheen she has... Thank you for your kind words... :)

What are the temps in the hot and cold end of the enclosure? Maybe bump up the temp a little might help. BUt... you can't beat a trip to the vet for expert knowledge.

She hasn't rubbed her nose on anything? Like wire or something? (Don't have anything for you bout her butt though!)

Hi F.L, looks like a coastal carpet to me, as for the scab she must be trying to push out of her cage, or rubbing somewhere. I think you should look at your cage first, has she ever broken out of her cage.If they think there is a way out they will sometimes just keep trying to escape. Other than that take her to a vet.Her face looks alright in the last pic.

looks like a carpet to me, either coastal or Irian Jaya. The nose looks like a rub mark and a vent like that can be caused by worms. A visit to the vet may be in order.

I do not understand if people are concerned about their animals why they post on forums wait for answers that are more often than not guesses albeit educated ones.

TAKE THE ANIMAL TO A VET!!!!!!!!

here's a MD for ya!!

mdnew3.sized.jpg

How big is that MD pugsly?? Looks huge in the pic. Looks heaps bigger than I thought they'd be eh? Our juvie MD's have none of that reddy/orange colouring on them either? Cheers Cheryl

She is about 7 feet 7.5, pic makes her look bigger than she is. Yeah she has really nice tones on her.

Shewhomustbeobeyed said:
I do not understand if people are concerned about their animals why they post on forums wait for answers that are more often than not guesses albeit educated ones.

TAKE THE ANIMAL TO A VET!!!!!!!!

The majority of experienced herpers have seen and dealt with more herp health problems than herp vets themselves. And the majority of herp vets most often take educated guesses.

rodentrancher said:
How big is that MD pugsly?? Looks huge in the pic. Looks heaps bigger than I thought they'd be eh? Our juvie MD's have none of that reddy/orange colouring on them either? Cheers Cheryl
Normally the MD is grey but Peter Bredl, just down the road from you Cheryl, has an MD with yellow coloring on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back