Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You wouldnt want to read your message out of context Alexr, as I just did. Must say I got a bit of a shock, as you would when the doorbell rings

ROLMFAO :) :)

I see it like this, if I have to buy a licence and send in records of everything I own, then so should everyone else (unless you are licenced otherwise). I reckon that if Australia abolished all licences, a lot of people would be off to find their prized GTP, or blackheaded or Woma etc etc (wild caught). Rules and laws are their for a reason and you must abide by them. If you choose not to, then that is your choice, just be wary of the consequences. JMO :) :)

personal opinion, people should not be removing wild animals let it be a bluetongue, noisy minor or a koala from the wild unless they have permission from the athorities who manage and control the amount of animals that are taken out of the wild. i don't care if they're really common their wild and should stay that way.(unless they have permision by athorities or the animal is in SERIOUS trouble)

Do you think that the cost of a licence covers the infrastructure required manage (excluding police) the license system? My guess would be prob. not.

i totally agree. i doupt all the licence fees from all the wildlife keepers in vic or nsw or qld etc would cover the costs of the wildlife people.

The other state authorities should take a leep out of the NT system for keeping pythons atleast. They are still covered by licence and annual paperwork(returns) but aleast you don't have to pay the government for your licience it free you just have to apply. They just now have to sort the elapid issues out. Is there such a thing as a perfect system???

yommy said:
They just now have to sort the elapid issues out. Is there such a thing as a perfect system???

it has been sorted out recently, all snakes toxic enough to cause effects in event of a bite have been catagorised and proper measure have been put in to keep the animals contained safely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back