Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PilbaraPythons

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I am looking for opinions on what people here consider to be the value of an adult green python if it was offered for sale. This discussion is very important and the relavance will become clear in the near future.
I believe $40 000 is what I would expect an adult pair to realistically fetch.
Comments please.
Cheers Dave

So many variables to consider, i would say $40000-70000 depending on a million different things.

Dave, in the gtp thread, it throws doubt on all testing procedures to prove genuine aussie animals. Would there be a 100% provable way to ensure they are what they are said to be?

If potential earnings are taken into account, i think $40 k is a steal and you should sell them to me.

taking the price for a hatchy as 5k, like it used to be :roll: i'd say nothing over 20k.

compare aspidites to antaresia, the high end animals dont appreciate (percentage wise) like the less expensive species.

not that many adult green pairs come up for sale... but dont you love just the highly controversial hypothetical situation :roll:

I dont care what snake it is $40,000 for a pair of snakes is plain ridiculous. Unless I had that much money to be throwing around on hobbies then no way would I be paying that much money for any animal for that matter.

Yeah of course 'potential' earnings are going to be much greater, but lets remember there are also things that can go wrong, including:

a) they don't breed.
b) one was to die.
c) they get stolen by some low life peice of ...

JMO

Lets say that these animals are off spring of legally collected cape york animals.
And womas4me NO YOU CAN"T KEEP THEM IN W.A so behave your self other wise I would just give them to you.... honest I would. :shock:

when i say 20k thats what i might pay, not that i ever will. like pugsly said thats just too much money. considering the lack of captive animals you could pretty much set whatever price you like.

There is nothing hypothetical about this except for the fact that they have not yet been offered for sale. These pythons do exist.

I think they could fetch around $55000 if you can find the right buyer. How old are they, presumably they haven't bred before?

think about it its usually only up to 50% more for adults and thats if they have bred before. you might buy a pair of breeding bredli for 1000 and make 10 grand when they breed so the profit margin is still the same. potential earnings are just that.POTENTIAL.

this topic (or maybe i should i say species?) really is beyond my comprehension in terms of it being informative, interesting or at all relevant to anything moderately substantial.

i really am sick of the hype that surrounds green pythons.

If I owned them I would ask a ridiculous amount of money in the hopes someone would take them at that price (or bargain me down 10% :wink: ) You may get someone that can pay 60 to 80k. They may just be for sale for a long time at too high a price. Can't tell with things that are high end, people want them but you have to have someone who can afford them as well.
If someone has that much money spare from any animal I want them to adopt me!!! :D :D
My thoughts

Not many people would buy a pair of Bredli purely to make money. Sure that's an added bonus and one of the driving factors, but it doesn't compare when we are talking about Green Pythons. The number one factor here is the potential earnings. You need to look at a pair of Green's more like you were purchasing a business. $55000 for a potential return of well over $200000 after only 5 years is inviting. If the risks mentioned above were non existent, they would fetch alot higher. Where else can you more than quadruple your money in less than 5 years? JMO.

Welll if these are Aussies it makes then rare than the rsp's are now and were a while back.For the people who their ultimate python to own being a green and purists being able to keep rsp' and pure Aussie greens i would think you could be greedy,breed then up big and flood the market but with pure Aussies which many are more interested in.

Are these from the Animals collected by JoBredl Dave?...if not how old are these adults.I thought Bob W's was one of the last pure Aussies on the books which died a while back other than the ones that URS has which are pure Aussie from legally collected Cape York greens many many years ago.

Any reptile is only worth what someone is willing to pay, i think an adult pair of greens could easily go for $40 000, would probably go quite quickly.
No matter what people think is a reasonable price it's up to the seller, what the animals are worth to them, the seller could breed them (as some of the animals in question have) and make more than $40 000.

You also have to wonder whats going on, is someone is selling off pairs of proven breeding pairs of gtps.....what do they know about the market???? Is there going to be a price fall which would make selling them off a financely better option?

PP if your selling them or thinking of buying them to me $40 000 is a pretty good price, you could get more and you could go less, i think it's a good midway point at least whoever is selling them will be able to test the water.

The only people i can see getting these pythons without som sort of financial gain'not all" that would pay and keep one just for the passion of it would just buy one imo if you buy them to breed you have to outlay big bucks and earning bib bucks is usually the main motive...good luck to those breeding and selling them.I won't be looking at any at the ridicolous prices being asked even in the cheap days for a green python that sits there all day...whatever floats your boat though however i would be happy to fork out good bucks for a pair guaranteed to come out blue :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back