Fortum help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

womas4me

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Unsure of the spelling but can anyone give me the trade name and supplier / manufacturer of this product.
It has been said numerous times this product works the same as Baytril but without leaving pigment discolouration, so as i now have a need for Baytril i'd rather get Fortum ( however it's spelt ).

Cheers, Jim

Does any of this help? Found at http://www.medsafe.govt.nz/consumers/cmi/f/fortum.htm

"Ceftazidime pentahydrate, 500mg, 1g and 2g injection

Your Fortum Injection is supplied by:

GlaxoSmithKline NZ Limited
Private Bag 106600
Downtown Auckland
New Zealand

Ph (09) 367-2900
Fax (09) 367-2910

Fortum Injection contains an antibiotic called ceftazidime, which treats infections caused by bacteria, in different parts of the body.

Fortum injection belongs to a group of antibiotics called cephalosporins. These antibiotics work by either killing the bacteria that cause the infections or stopping their growth.

Fortum will not work against infection cased by viruses such as colds or the flu (influenza).

Ask your doctor if you have any questions or if you aren't sure why Fortum injection has been prescribed for you.

Fortum is only available with a doctor's prescription.

Fortum is not addictive."

How about the Australian version? lol :oops:

"Glaxo Smith Kline Australia

Level 4, 8 West St North Sydney NSW 2060
ph: (02) 9956 6077 Pharmaceutical Products--W'salers & Mfrs"

Thanks Zoe. Should be able to get our hands on some with that info. Thanks again.

Cheers, Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back