Monitor Venoms PDF

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

moosenoose

Legendary
Reaction score
Ahhhh I couldn't find the original topic on this to post it to (have we been bickering again???? :wink: )

I think Dr Bryan Fry has got his little peepers on this site, or he's telepathic, or simply someone has told him there was a post on the topic. Normally I would only pass info on from people if I was advised to, but it looks like I'd been given the green light.

To my surprise I had this email waiting for me this morning. I haven't read it yet, so don't blame me if it's a heavily laden science doc that most won't be able to understand (you're excluded Sdaji!!! :twisted: ) hehehe

[[edited by admin] Sorry - copyright breach. THe information may be emailed, but it cannot be posted here. Very sorry]

ps: If you are not familiar with Dr Fry, I found these videos that are in the link below extremely facinating and informative. I'm blown away by his qualifications! :shock: There is an interesting talk in the first video about antivenin production :D

Enjoy: http://smartmoves.questacon.edu.au/smartmovers/interview.asp?ID=39

Well done moose! Keeping your brain in a jar is obviously good for you ;-)

The video's are particularly interesting.

Thanks Moose,

Fascinating read!
Do you have any info or link to the Aspidites venom discovery by Dr. Bryan Fry?

Hey thats really good stuff Moose, thanks alot.

Can you give us a breif summary on the email he sent you. :lol: :lol:

Wow!!!! everyone i have spoken to and every book i have read is WRONG!!!!!!

Now i am going to start my selective breeding program to make the Worlds first HIGHLY :twisted: :twisted: VENOMOUS DEADLY BEARDED DRAGONS :twisted: :twisted:

da_donkey said:
Wow!!!! everyone i have spoken to and every book i have read is WRONG!!!!!!

Yep! And if you get in first you can tell em this info and they'll always remember you were the first to tell them they were wrong! :twisted: :lol:

Can you give us a breif summary on the email he sent you.

I posted all that was written to me :D

I think Dr Bryan Fry has got his little peepers on this site, or he's telepathic, or simply someone has told him there was a post on the topic. Normally I would only pass info on from people if I was advised to, but it looks like I'd been given the green light.

i emailed him after reading the original post and contacted him, asking if it was true. he was alittle pissed to say the least when he found out someone had blabbed over teh internet about his work before it was published.

Understandably angry!

Understandably upset if that's the case!

I didn't know that it hadn't been published yet! My gods! :wink:

No wonder I couldn't find the literature anywhere! :? .

I now understand why last nights thread was removed.
Totally acceptable if that's the case.

Sounds like there was a misunderstanding or miscommunication :roll: .
Either way, I think Dr. Bryan Fry & colleagues are justifiably angry!

Shouldn't have happened but it did.
As they say..."**** happens"

Anyway, until it get's published or there's a press release, the less said the better on the topic, for the good doctor & his esteemed colleagues sake.

Keep up the good work!

I can't wait to read the paper, which I suppose will have to fast-tracked now!.

he was alittle urinated to say the least when he found out someone had blabbed over teh internet about his work before it was published.

But Pilbara said he had permission to tell all about it...........someones telling little porky pies. :D

hugsta said:
he was alittle urinated to say the least when he found out someone had blabbed over teh internet about his work before it was published.

But Pilbara said he had permission to tell all about it...........someones telling little porky pies. :D

there is a fine line between telling afew mates over the phone and posting it on a popular forum like this. but, the damage is done, i dont know what pilbara was told he could do.

Alex,

We're actually talking about some other work of his that hasn't been published yet. That's what I think Hugsta is talking about.
I can understand why you thought we were talking about the monitor venom research,
as that is the title of this thread.

Out of respect for the author it's best not to discuss the topic until publication.

zen said:
Out of respect for the author it's best not to discuss the topic until publication.

:oops: Sorry.... your correct I did think that is what we are talking about.

Good Point. (But still is an interesting article on monitors by the man himself.)

This subject opens a whole mine field and asks more questions than it answers.

I remember a discussion a while back about all boids being venemous. I wonder if we will end up classifying all reptiles as venemous.

I would anticipate that the papers waiting in the wings will be just as controversial and interesting.

Quote from an email to me by Brian Fry :

"And if anyone asks, all is cool between pilbarapython (Dave) and myself. Just a simple miscommunication between mates."

All is at peace with the world! ;-)

[[Edit by Admin] Sorry once again guys! There's nothing wrong with posting a link to another site, but you can't post direct quotes without their permission. ]
:oops: sorry. (I thought it would be cool if I gave full credit) - wont do it again....

Did anyone see the piece in the Melbourne Herald Sun today (18/11) about it??? Not much detail but hey its made it into the news already :)

africancichlidau said:
Did you have permission to post that Lusty ???? :) :) :)

Who's a funny boy then? :) As it was an email to me, I now own that document! Therefore - YEP! [we need an emoticon of a guy poking his tongue out.....]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back