Black Eyed Leucistic Ball Python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wow, love the eyes! Absolutely amazing, though seeing as its a relatively rare morph, I'd say you'd be looking at 10's of thousands to the 100's of thousands price mark (just a vague guess).

Quite frankly, way over the average person's budget to say the least lol

What a ripper! I think I'd be opting for an albino olive with some contact lenses tho :wink:

OMG that is amazing. Price wise, how long is a piece of string ? I would say it would go up to 6 figures quite easily.

hhhmmmm........ the day i will poweball/lotto/scratchies millions is the day that I will be able to afford taht snake. Just incredible.

I saw this listed under 'Australian Snakes' and I thought, ooooo ;)

they have alot more money among herp collecters over there even our natives "the rarer"ones they have alot more of them e.g if some one bred some golden GTP more likely the majority would go over. There is a couple of herp lovers that could affored to buy them but not enough. There for the snakes that have rare breeding traits will be few and far between in australia.
this is just my opinion i dont know if am correct or not.
the snake pictued is beautiful.

Hey shellshock that seems like a pretty good analysis to me. But also remember they also have 250 million people in a country the size of ours so their market is also huuuuuge. And they dont have idiot gov'ts like us restricting it. Look at our birds. Pricess parrots were almost extinct and they they come in all colours. Cockatiels, budgies, ringnecks etc. And then dogs! Holy Crap! They basically all have the same DNA as a wold but look at them. it seems that captive breeding does that to animals. The yanks are now so on top f it that they can even predict what they are getting.

The yanks are now so on top f it that they can even predict what they are getting.
If forums like this keep educating people, soon we will catch up. All that is stopping AUS herpers is having the guts to work on genetics (there are a few but not enough), to produce high quality designer morphs, as we have the richest natural resourses in the world. We just have to stop leaking our genetics to the world, stopping large international breeders who can afford the time and money, from working our lines. It's time we started making them jealous of our herps, instead of us drooling over their aussie stock. This is my opinion.

ihaveherps

Just looked around the site a bit. Two things of note.
The standard male ball python = $30
The one we are drooling over = $200,000 :shock:

With the beginning prices so low I can see why herping is so big over there. I'm trying to post the link to the forsale section but not sure if this will work.

http://www.constrictors.com/Pythons.html

Holy ****...Honestly I think that is crazy if someone is going to spend $200,000 for a snake... Yeah its beautiful and a very rare one..... But I think I would prefer to spend that sorta money somewhere else.... Even $40,000 for those fire ones I think is a bit much... I would get one of our own GTP's before One of those anyday... $200,000 = 40 GTP's at $5000 a pop... Even less with a bulk discount I would think...:p

Yes but you are making a comparison between the States and here, the people that spend $200,000 on a snake as a long term breeding investment already have dozens of GTP's at about $300 US. We are the only country where people are daft enough to pay $5000 and much more for a GTP :)

I would get one of our own GTP's before One of those anyday... $200,000 = 40 GTP's at $5000 a pop... Even less with a bulk discount I would think...
yer but even greens in the US are cheaper then what we pay for good jungles!

it would be interesting to see what morphs could be created in AUS, im interested in that athertons x darwin on the herp trader, i think that looks pretty good and i think that would colour up great in a couple of yrs, if only i had the dosh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back