Garage Sales?? Very Hard Work eh?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rodentrancher

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Been going since 5.30am this morning, helping Dave's Mum with her Garage(Moving House) Sale. Well, this lady had about 50 years(at least) of STUFF!!! Lots of old books, memorabilia etc etc etc etc etc! :eek: Never moved since she was married. Nearly 80 yrs old. Heading off to a Pensioners Unit in town. Wow! The mind boggles. But I helped her make nearly $600 out of heaps of what we would call $hit, but it was really good $hit. Put it all in boxes and sold really cheap. No use putting too much money on all this stuff. Like I said we need to sell/get rid of it not make a living out of it. LOL!

lol - congrats on the earnings there Cheryl lol
My parents always used to have garage sales and I remember them as baing a pain in the bum! Made money yes, but still a pain in the bum!
They found that they had 15yrs of accumulated junk under their house the other day - I convinced them to get a skip this time ;) lol

Imagine having to sell of 80yrs worth of stuff. Was she sad?

Poor old Duck, I wish her the best, good luck with the $hit too Chezza! :)

I love garage sales. I'll take deposits on the couch, tv and esky, but won't allow them to be picked up until the end of the day. Try to time it to be the same day as some cricket :)

Yeah I guess it was a bit of a pain in the butt, but Mum in Law was glad to get rid of sooo much. That's less for us to take to the op shop and the dump eh? As Dave and I are buying the property when she moves into town, we really don't need to inherit all that stuff? Got enough stuff of our own to contend with. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back