Love Bite Leaves Tooth in Girl

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reptililian

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
One of the gang gave me a goodmorning nip this morning and unfortunately left one of her teeth behind. Will she be ok? She had The Cankor when I first got her, is there a chance she may get it again because of this, or develop some other sort of nasty infection? Is there anything I can do for her?

Keep an eye on her just in case.. She should be fine though.

Lilly,

She will be fine.
Just monitor her mouth daily if you are concerned, but she shouldn't get Canker(Mouth Rot) again just from losing a tooth or two.

Neil

Worry about your hand Lilly. Give it a good flush out.

I would be concerned that the snake may now have a case of food poisoning :lol: :wink:

I ran it under water for a fair while. Is that all I should do? It's not the worst bite I've had, but definately hurts the most.

I would be concerned that the snake may now have a case of food poisoning
Thanks for the vote of confidence in my cooking abilities, OliveH!

When i get bitten...see my nicname..it happens often...i get some dettol on a tissue and give the bite area a good antiseptic rub down. Don't die Lilly!!

No dying! I found out why it hurt so much... there was ANOTHER tooth embedded in my finger still. Oh my poor snake! She lost two teeth and it was all my fault. I feel so guilty. Forget dettol, I should be rubbing salt and lemon juice into it!

reptililian said:
No dying! I found out why it hurt so much... there was ANOTHER tooth embedded in my finger still. Oh my poor snake! She lost two teeth and it was all my fault. I feel so guilty. Forget dettol, I should be rubbing salt and lemon juice into it!

i wouldnt be to concerned about the snake loosing afew teeth in a bite, it is fairly common for snakes to loose teeth even in preycapture, so i wouldnt stress

Thanks Tommo. I'm glad you wrote that because I just pulled out a third piece of tooth that had been buried in my finger! (Is this a frequent occurance for herpers??) I guess all the swelling had forced it out. The finger is looking pretty nasty. But I checked The Curious Cat and she seems fine.

Snake and girl will recover fine as others have said. There have been a number of articles in Herpetofauna (and probably elsewhere) over the years examining snake scats and they always find teeth from the snake.

Brian Barnett got a "love bite" from one of his scrubbies years ago which left his footware stapled to his foot with scrubby teeth.

Am recovering already, Herptrader! My finger is looking great this morning. It just didn't like having snake teeth in it, that's all. Ew, don't like the sound of Brians nip. Ouch!

You guys surely mean you'd like to see a pic of Brian's little incident, don't you, cos my finger's not much to look at. But if you REALLY wanted, perhaps I could dig the blood-soaked plasters out of the bin and post pics of both them and the shards of teeth I extracted! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back