Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Herc said:
the ones bred by Krauss were seized by NT parks officers and returned to the NT, I believe to the desert park but apparently these didn't survive. the reason they were taken was because Krauss didn't have permission to export them out, so that annoyed parks officers.... that is the report on the situation that i got anyway.

now thats gotta hurt
:cry: :cry: :cry:

you can see the 2 cuties Krauss hatched back in the '80 on the book "Reproductive Husbandry of Pythons and Boas" by Ross and Marzec. I think that $24,000 is a VERY optimistic view as this taxon is far stranger lookink than carinatas and worht even more!
VERY NICE!!!
Cheers
Stefano

chameleon said:
ok, are these pythons the same as "rough scaled python"? (they look similar)...
anyway if they are you can get pairs at www.herpshop.com.au/ht/HerpTraderSnakes.html
this person gives photos(good ones) and only sells pairs ......
got $24,000?

completely different snake mate. rough scales are from the kimberlys and alot smaller. oenpellis from arnham land and alot bigger

same snake or not, im sure he put in alot of time breeding these things,but i must ask.....
is 24,000 too much to ask for? i mean i cant afford that money for snakes!

the question is rather....if you had the money would you pay it? the ture worth of a snake is what someone is willing to pay for it! Sorry for going off topic!!!

I cant afford that money for snakes too! I was only speaking about a GREAT price/value in order to show how much I like them, even MORE than carinata...just my 2% of course as nobody knows for "much how" and "if" there will be ever available.
Cheers
Stefano

back to the original question
- does anybody know of any in any private collections

It is also my understanding that obtaining Oenpelli is much more difficult now because their range falls entirely within Aboriginal land ownership ie. Arhnem Land. (please dont crucify me if i am wrong)

never heard them called rock pythons? that really funny because every time I have ever been there on safari with my uncle we hear them called that all the time. Have been lucky enough to see one once.

To me they look like children's pythons on steroids and those that have seen the first hand have not disagreed with this description.

I know of somebody who has a captive slough of one ;-)

--
Herp Shop - http://www.herpshop.com.au
Make a herper friend very happy this Christmas with
10% off all Barefoot Bushman DVD's at the Herp Shop
BushTucker.gif
SolCroc.gif
[/quote]

To me they look like children's pythons on steroids and those that have seen the first hand have not disagreed with this description.

PMSL yeah im not a real big fan of them.. Give me a Albino Darwin or GTP anyday over one. JMO

ihaveherps said:
It is also my understanding that obtaining Oenpelli is much more difficult now because their range falls entirely within Aboriginal land ownership ie. Arhnem Land. (please dont crucify me if i am wrong)

you are correct, the three off at the territory wildlife park are the only(legal) ones to my knowledge and from talking to one of the keepers, they arnt that uncommon within their range. its just that they are only found on Aboriginal land. i have heard of afew legal loop holes to this though.

so pretty much to everyone asking about their price...they are not bred or sold so, therefore, there is no price :wink:

Hmmm loopholes, may have something to do with gifts from landowners(with a few other legalities left out). But I'm no expert!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back