Zoo Pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it my imagination, or does that Boa, head and neck shot 4th row, on right, look really skinny? Is that the markings that make it look that way ??

What Zoo is this ?

Yes, four people have now MSN'd me to tell me that. Thank you everyone for your support.

At least I appear to have got the skinny bit right and better still, I still own the big brown tree snake. ;)

Ner

Very good Austrelaps. Lost the body shot but it was very fat. Probably looks skinny cos of the huge head it had. San Diego zoo btw

olivehydra said:
Very good Austrelaps. Lost the body shot but it was very fat. Probably looks skinny cos of the huge head it had. San Diego zoo by the way

Are you sure it wasn't skinny? It might have had a massive girth for its length by 'normal' python or elapid standards, but that one looks quite thin. The rhino vipers at Melbourne zoo are much like that at the moment, they have an impressive girth, but are nastily underweight.

Dicco said:
Oops!, I thought he wrote crocodile, curse you Sdaji!

That's okay, I missed it too until you pointed it out to me ;)

Sdaji said:
olivehydra said:
Very good Austrelaps. Lost the body shot but it was very fat. Probably looks skinny cos of the huge head it had. San Diego zoo by the way

Are you sure it wasn't skinny? It might have had a massive girth for its length by 'normal' python or elapid standards, but that one looks quite thin. The rhino vipers at Melbourne zoo are much like that at the moment, they have an impressive girth, but are nastily underweight.

Pretty sure, but that zoo visit was at the tail end of a two week long "bucks" party so my memory may have been slightly amiss :wink: The elephants were definetly pink though!

very nice pics, thanks for posting them.

anyone got an i.d. on the last lizard in the set?

That's a Caiman Lizard (Dracaena guianesis)

basketcase said:
very nice pics, thanks for posting them.

anyone got an i.d. on the last lizard in the set?

are you sure boa? ive caught wild caiman lizards that looked quite different to that one...

heres a pic

cliz1.jpg

Mmm, you might be right. Have to put the thinking cap back on. Great looking lizards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back