White lipped (D'Albertis)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JandC_Reptiles

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Will we ever have the chance to own this species?

I remember several years ago reading that there was very few in captivity in NSW & was wondering if anyone knows what sex they are/were? and whether it will be possible to see this species for sale to the public in the future?

Anyone got the 2005 NSW reptile keepers collection list?

ATT: Jeff Hardy,

Any chance you could inform us of the sex of the 2 species held in NSW?
Or your opinion of if this species will ever become available?

I have worked with D'alberts in the UK, they are not the easiest species to breed.
I would love to see this species available here, but going on the stats list, and the fact that I have never heard of anyone else outside of NSW with them, I doubt very much if it will happen.

Neil

Just buy a water python, make it really snappy, and paint its lips with whiteout hehehe

re White

Yeh it goes that the onley two on records have come from an amnesty and that they were probably smuggled into ozz or taken from a reptile park etc.What a ridiculous system it is when it depends on illegals made legal instead of amounts of legals coming into a system from determined sources.Like its all just a grubby lottery.we could of ended up with a lot less if it not for the work of dedicated smugglers and filchers :)

Unless its stated on the returne NPWS wouldnt necessarily know the sex.
I dont think they have ever been sighted on mainland Australia.
As far as AQIS is concerned the islands in Torres Strait may as well be a foriegn country.

Hi All,
I know the guy who declared the white lipped pythons.
He originally had 4 animals: One pair of southern PNG ("australian") and a pair of the gold northern PNG race. As the gold phase would not be able to be passed as Australian he sold them.
The pair of black phase White-lipped python are very nasty.
He had a hide box with damp moss for higher humidity.
He had them for years and hasn't bred them although he says they are a pair. Don't expect to see them available for years, if ever!

re White

I think youd be safe declaring the lot as albertis pythons bwana,no one would have bothered or known the difference anyway,they are a type of albertisi anyway arnt they.Didnt stop people declaring foreign type gtps in the amnesty,the twenty five declared in NSW in 97 wouldnt all be australian. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back