Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pugsly

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Guess I'll kick it off then, today some of the Sydney members of this site headed to Featherdale Wildlife Park, around 30 or so turned up and I must say it was fantastic! I had not been there before and was amazed by the amount of species of australian wildlife they had.

It was a bird lovers paradise, even though i am not into birds at all they had some amazing guys there, the owls were also a highlight. Lutz will put a folder up tonight im sure but here is a sneak peak of some shots.

The tour included a small behind the scenes of the reptile section too which features a huge olive python. The enclosures were awesome. Pete has already decided to build a setup like the one for the big lacies at his place too!

Was a good couple of hours and nice to put some faces to names.

First up the Reptiles.
Featherdale0492.jpg

Featherdale0471.jpg

Featherdale0431.jpg

Featherdale0420.jpg

Featherdale0458.jpg

Featherdale0422.jpg

Hey mate, that Perentie shot is awsome. And the photo does not show how huuuge that Frillie is. And don't forget the dare devil EWD that took on the croc. And in the middle of summer!! Although I did notice he wasn't there the next tiime we walked past. :( And a bit of advice for new members. If you have your name in your nickname and your photo in your avator everyone knows who you are when you meet up.

What a wonderful day. Look forward to meeting you all again soon. (very soon Pugs!!)

Oh yeah, sorry dialup.. here are some of the other guys we saw.

Featherdale0153.jpg

Featherdale0193.jpg

Featherdale0200.jpg

Featherdale0289.jpg

Featherdale0489_001.jpg

Heaps more pics in my gallery ill load up too.

Great pics, thanks! Been waiting for you guys to get home!

Holy crap pugs love the last shot of the owl.... looks like it was in the middle of relieving itself :shock:

My Clan and I had a great time - it was nice to meet some more APSers... When I locate the camera I will put up some pics.

Thank you David and Slateman for organising it!!!

Thought this was a cool shot just luck as the flash went off as it opened up its wings!

Featherdale0400.jpg

Hi Pugsly,
Garth has promised to cook me dinner, if the last snake is NOT a Broadheaded snake?
Please confirm!!!
Thanks mate!

Fay

Thanks Dicco,
Garth is taking his apron off as we speak!! :wink:
Now I will have to make dinner, thanks heaps! :lol:

it was a good day, it was great to meet some members. i always enjoy featherdale. thanks dave and slatey.
nice pics pugsly, what sort of camera do you use.
cheers.

The photos are just excelent. How come I can't make them so nice?

Camera is a Fuji 5500 same one as Beardy ben but i had a 512mb card and he had a 16mb card! lol.

Practice makes perfect Slatey, and Pete thanks again for havin me around!

Night all!

Great to see everyone again and big thanks to Lutz and Slatey for organising. Catch you soon Instar!!!!!!!!!

Awesome to finally meet you Pugsly, thanks for the pics i forgot my camera......

Cheers,

Simone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back