Australia Zoo Visit (Dial Up Warning)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

peterjohnson64

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I recently visited Australia Zoo and was particularly surprised with what a wonderful place it was. I know I am about to be killed by a lot of members here fro what I am about to say but....

It appeared apparent to me that the Irwins are reinvesting a lot of the millions that they are earning back into conservation and their zoo.

The zoo had wonderful displays and the best enclosures I have seen. The facilities were very clean and the staff were wonderful (especially Krystal (baby.bear.21) and Shimarah.

Steve did the crocodile show and the SA Cricket Team were in attendance. We also managed to meet Terri after the show. Yes, pics attached to prove.

You need a whole day and next time I will definitely do the cheetah experience in the morning.

I can only recommend this place to any person visiting the Sunshine Coast.

I am also posting separately about snakes downunder. Another wonderful attraction.

Sorry to the purists.

Peter

Yes Australia Zoo was a good spot to visit. We went on the day that Steve had his baby son in with him during a croc show. What a day to go!

are the irwins there most of the time doing presentations ,or is there a good chance you may not see them

I don't know how often they are there 'cause I am only a visitor to the Sunshine Coast but from the reaction of the locals it isn't too often.

But more often that the South African Cricket Team I guess hehe.

I will keep posting pics until someone tells me to get lost.

nice pics dude. I wanna go and see the zoo 2.

It appeared apparent to me that the Irwins are reinvesting a lot of the millions that they are earning back into conservation and their zoo.

ya i noticed that when me and my family went, if i was an animal and i was in a zoo i would want to be in that zoo! lucky you say steve and terri, we only saw Wes or was it West? his best friend that is the actual director of the park.

Tortoises behaving badly.jpg

interesting pic name. from the point of view that they might want them to breed I would say they are behaving fantasticly :D

andrew

The facilities were awesome. When you sit in the under cover 5,000 seat stadium there is room for people to walk in front of you without squashing past. There are FREE rides and a jumping castle for the kids. And a shuttle bus just in case you dont want to walk. The enclosures were huge as previously mentioned.

Oh, and they have created more than 500 jobs locally!!!

Pic corrections

G'day mate,

Great pics, and yes like you I was enormously impressed by Australia Zoo when I went there last month to meet up with Wes Mannion. The zoo is an absolute credit to Steve, his family and all their staff, it puts government-owned zoos in this country to shame.

A quick correction: your taipan pic is actually a common brown snake, and your brown snake pic is actually a coastal taipan :wink:

Cheers

David

Yeah that'd be right. All I thought was that the head of a brown bascially went straight on to its body & the taipan had neck so to speak. I was really guessing by the order of the photo's.

So here is 3 more. Again, corrections gladly accepted.

Still 5 more herps to go if people want them...

Nice pics Pete, thanks for sharing. What is the story about the GTP? Did they follow you home? :wink:
Seriously though, I thought "those" gtp's were already shipped O.S?

No mate, it is a straight western brown. But I only said it because during the snake presentation they pulled out a black headed python. So everyone I heard standing around the western brown was commenting on it as though it was the BHP in the show. It was sort of funny. so I just had to carry it on to my post.

Awesome pics and yes it is an awesome place. Our family were up there on New Years Day 2003. We asked if Steve was going to be there and were told that he was but he may have to run off at any time to dpartake in a rescue or relocation. we were also told that if you are up that way to give them a call and ask if he will be there. Sometimes they can tell you in advance. Any of you out there who hold A.S.I.C. (Aviation Security Identification Card) you will from memory for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back