WTF!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MrBredli

Someone put an ad up on Pet Link this morning advertising Red Eared Sliders, they just put another one up saying all sold! Has to be a G-Up..

They probably got 100 emails telling them they were illegal so claimed they were sold, not the first time they have been for sale there, and wont be the last.

hehe i seen that too and thought the same thing lol should put a ad up selling boas lol

I wonder if they got away with it....it wouldn't surprise me.

thats one specie's you never want over there ! we have them loose here in the UK, they survive our winters no problem & the amount of damage they do to the pond/rivers & its native inhabitants is unreal ! excellent croc food tho (not that ive fed any of course or suggest you do so ! ) :wink:

We have large wild populations in NSW and up here, probably other places as well.

Moreliaman said:
thats one specie's you never want over there ! we have them loose here in the UK, they survive our winters no problem & the amount of damage they do to the pond/rivers & its native inhabitants is unreal ! excellent croc food tho (not that ive fed any of course or suggest you do so ! ) :wink:

Moreliaman said:

Sad to say that it is too late for some areas as they have already established themselves :(

jeez......is there a list anywhere of the non-native species that are infesting australia ?

Cane Toads
Dogs
Cats
Red Eared Sliders
Feral Pidgeon
Bar Shouldered Dove
Indian Mynah
Sewer Rat
Black Rat
House Mouse
Corn Snake
Water Buffalo
Horse
Goat
Donkey
Red Dear
Hare
Rabbit
Sparrow
Pig
Fire Ant
Crazy Ant
Starling
Blackbird
Asian House Gecko
There are more dear species and I think some types of bovine too, anyone else wanna add to that list? Some have highly detremental impacts, other not so as harmfull.

We need something on that list that directly affects the human population. Apprently the destruction of native flora and fauna isn't a big enough issue. We need disease ridden monkeys....armies of them that roam the streets at night...they're smart and can get into houses and pluck small children from their beds while they sleep...yeah...then ppl will start screaming that we need to do more about the eradication of exotics.. :D

Dicco said:
Cane Toads
Dogs
Cats
Red Eared Sliders
Feral Pidgeon
Bar Shouldered Dove
Indian Mynah
Sewer Rat
Black Rat
House Mouse
Corn Snake
Water Buffalo
Horse
Goat
Donkey
Red Dear
Hare
Rabbit
Sparrow
Pig
Fire Ant
Crazy Ant
Starling
Blackbird
Asian House Gecko
There are more dear species and I think some types of bovine too, anyone else wanna add to that list? Some have highly detremental impacts, other not so as harmfull.

And one of our favourite English gifts, the fox :wink: Kiwis and Springbok too :shock:

Oh! how could I forget the fox! One of the worst, up there with cats and rabbits, I think goats are high up there too.

Camels...fun for riding tho :)

Oops, I forgot the fish!
Euro Carp
Gambusia
Tilapia
Goldfish
Guppies
Swordtails
Platys
Blue Acara
'Roach'
Quinnat Salmon

Also
Rusa Deer
American Cockroach

Any more?

Rainbow trout
Brown trout
Brook trout
Tench
English Perch
Weather loaches
Convict cichlids
bristle-nose plecs (un-confirmed)

Dicco said:
Cane Toads
Dogs
Cats
Red Eared Sliders
Feral Pidgeon
Bar Shouldered Dove
Indian Mynah
Sewer Rat
Black Rat
House Mouse
Corn Snake
Water Buffalo
Horse
Goat
Donkey
Red Dear
Hare
Rabbit
Sparrow
Pig
Fire Ant
Crazy Ant
Starling
Blackbird
Asian House Gecko

Barshouldered doves are native to Australia. You're thinking of Spotted Turtle Doves.
Asian House Geckos are also thought to be possibly native.
American Cockroach is cosmopolitan.

And the word Moreliaman used was "infested" - we aren't infested with Red-eared Sliders or Corn Snakes, or Fire Ants or Crazy Ants.

:p

Hix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back