Left over cement.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

saikrett

Reaction score
thought i'd share what i did with the left over cement from the shed we are building.

Nothing special, but they seam to love it already...

enjoy

saikrett said:
Nothing special, enjoy

Crap! :D they are fantastic. But ya can't just show us the photo without giving instructions... and in these hot times they probably offer great cooling as well.

cool, glad you likes it.
Basically, grab an ice-cream bucket and rap some mesh around it, I uses 2.5cm but smaller would work too. wrap the mesh underneath the bottom of the bucket.
Start puting the concrete on, making sure to get it inbetween the mesh and bucket. Keep building it up so it is nice and strong, And heavy so they cant nock it over.

wait a few days and flip it over, rip the bucket out and cut back any exposed mesh.

basically, thats it.

Oh and put some dirt on top while the concrete is setting to give it a nicer texture.

I may actually try that to keep my diamonds cooler during these stinking hot summer days :) When you say to keep building it up, do you do this while its still wet or do you apply one layer of cement and then another when the first has dried?

nah, just keep going all in one lot. As you can see mine is very thick.
Im guessing the thicker it is the cooler inside. But i had alot to use so i used it all. Could probably be made with less cement.

Just a thought, in wet weather would there be any danger from the lime leaching out of the cement? If not then it's a bloody great idea and one I am going to use myself :) Well done and thanks Saiky :)

Brilliant! Hey Pete were set now! IYou would be able to create all different shapes too using different plastic containers or a heap of the same ones i imagine, great idea well done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back