Diamond Python Book / Colour phases?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NicG

AussiePythons Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I seem to remember reading some time ago that someone was in the process of producing book relating exclusively to Diamond Python care? Does anyone else remember this or is it just wishful thinking on my behalf? And if it is true, any idea as to when it might be coming out?

Also, there seems to be some confusion, particularly down here in Melbourne, as to what constitutes the various Diamond Python colour phases. It seems that some people label any yellow-content as 'Gosford' type, whereas I thought it was those that are predominantly gold and have a yellow (as opposed to cream) underbelly.

As far as I can tell, there seem to be 4 Diamond Python varieties (excluding intergrades):
- Predominantly dark with cream rosettes and underbelly
- Dark with cream/green flecking, cream rosettes and underbelly
- Dark with yellow flecking, cream rosettes and underbelly
- Predominantly gold with dark-bordered rosettes and yellow underbelly
Agree/disagree?

Would it be possible for someone with more knowledge (and pictures) than myself to produce some sort of definitive guide to the Diamond Python colour phases and their respective names (if they have any)?

Cheers,
Nic

the 'gosford' tag is just said by ppl who have any yellow in their snakes. It is a load of crap, unless you know where the snake/snakes family was taken from in the wild, then you have no way of knowing. IMO it is said to increase the value of the animal.

wish ppl would stop misguiding ppl on this subject, a few ppl in the melbourne area come to mind.

Just giving this a bump to see if anyone has any information or opinions they feel like sharing ...

After reading the Intergrade thread, I'd suggest that the name Diamond Python will stick, rather than a move to Sydney Carpet Python or something similiar.

Gidday there,

Personally, I think it would be relatively impossible to form a DEFINITIVE locality guide to the different colour variations associated with diamond pythons.
I've found diamonds within 500m of each other with dramatic colour and patterning differences, one had a high level of yellow spots on almost every scale the other you could almost call "black and white".
Although some colour variations may be more common in certain areas, there will still always be considerable variation within the species of that area.

A friend used to breed the pure gosford high yellow hybrid desidgners that look fluoro and glow ,(they was all guaranteed pure LOLz)thats showbizz :p :lol:

I don't think Sydney Carpet would be appropriate for a snake found as far south as Eden for instance.

NicG said:
After reading the Intergrade thread, I'd suggest that the name Diamond Python will stick, rather than a move to Sydney Carpet Python or something similiar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back