My 90% complete Olive box.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

keelow

Reaction score
just thought i'd post it up while i had the camera out.

Just needs the upper heating installed and the glass put in.
Has under tile heating, Thanks trader.
1800X900X650
all built by me.

stuff030.jpg

stuff029.jpg

stuff031.jpg

Nice job dude thats comeing up well. How does the under tile heating work.

100cm heat tape is wired up and glued in under the tiles. i have a probe thermostat's probe grouted inbetween two of the tiles. i also grouted in the probe for that white digi thermometer so i get a direct reading from next to the thermostat probe.

works well although without the glass in i havent tested it holding heat and so forth... thats the next step.

It'll probably only be used in winter... but i'll see how the gradient looks when the top heating is in.

Thats a good idea using tiles for the floor, easy to clean and will retain the heat well.

No olive yet, thats why i'm building it.

i've been building this thing for 3 months on and off. lazy.
Cost with stand and electrics is about $500
5mm laminated glass will get through work, so it'll cost nothing.

It weighs a bloody ton, hence the stand. before i go any further with it, i'll pull the box out and put wheels on the stand.

got one more in the pipeline now, will be exactly the same but hopefully have a WA BHP in it.

keelow said:
100cm heat tape is wired up and glued in under the tiles. i have a probe thermostat's probe grouted inbetween two of the tiles. i also grouted in the probe for that white digi thermometer so i get a direct reading from next to the thermostat probe.

works well although without the glass in i havent tested it holding heat and so forth... thats the next step.

It'll probably only be used in winter... but i'll see how the gradient looks when the top heating is in.

That is a good way dude i think i will give that ago in my next cage. Where in melb r u

hey Kee, long time no see! That enclosure looks awesome mate, be sure to post some pics with the olive in it when ya finally get it :D

yeah thanks, are you and SuperDude jimbo hitched yet?

I take my time... but i do it right, was going to rush into this purchase :)

from the pictures its looking really tidy :)

How long did it take you to knock that tank up?

Your enclosure is very similar to the ones I built for Olives.... except your tiles are black and mine where white.

I built a frame at one end ot hold a water tub. This worked well. The tub size was about 60 litres. With 15 litres of water in it the Olives could get right in it.

Our Olives eventually outgrew the enclosure and I now have a coastal in one of them. (I measured her this evening -2.4 meters ;-) ) It seems about the right size for her ;-)

I think you might end up having to build a larger enclosure thugh doubtless this will last a hatchling olive a number of years.

Well done mate, it's coming up really nice. Bet you can't wait to get the olive now.

sweet ! congrats.

Trader, yeah its a means to an end... moving state in the near future so i dont want something that wont fit in the removal van:)

Outdoor enclosure for the adult olive/olives when i get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back