attention keepers of the beautiful olivaceus liasis

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

inthegrass

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hi,
just want to know what size enclosures and what you use for a water container for fully grown olives ????
cheers.

Our female olive is kept in a a cage 1.8m high, 1.1m wide and .6m deep. Her water container is about five litre capacity. She is a good healthy snake appox. 9-10 foot long.

Simple said:
Our female olive is kept in a a cage 1.8m high, 1.1m wide and .6m deep. Her water container is about five litre capacity. She is a good healthy snake appox. 9-10 foot long.
does she utilise the hieght.
cheers.

For big olives, floor space is more important than height as they spend the majority of their time on the ground. I think you would need a container about 50litres by the time they are fully grown with the amount of water they would disperse......LOL

hugsta said:
I think you would need a container about 50litres by the time they are fully grown with the amount of water they would disperse......LOL

Ummm....... i think you mean 'displace', Huggy. :lol:

:p

Hix

We don't have our Olives any more but their enclosures included a 40 liter tub set into one of the corners. I used to only only put about 15 litres of water into the tubs so it did not over flow. This seemed adequate and worked well. We now have a HUGE coastal in one of the enclosrues and it works well for much the same reasons.

I had two olive pythons, one 10' plus and the other 8'. They were kept in an enclosure that was 2.5m high, 2m wide, 3m long. They spent most of their time climbing. Later they were moved to another enclosure 6m long, 6m wide, 3m high and spent most of their time climbing in there as well. They had a 100 litre trough kept 3/4 filled and both utilised it every now and then.

Kris said:
I had two olive pythons, one 10' plus and the other 8'. They were kept in an enclosure that was 2.5m high, 2m wide, 3m long. They spent most of their time climbing. Later they were moved to another enclosure 6m long, 6m wide, 3m high and spent most of their time climbing in there as well. They had a 100 litre trough kept 3/4 filled and both utilised it every now and then.

That sounds very palatial ! Do you have any pics?

Of the snakes, yes. But no decent ones of the enclosures. Unfortunately the olives are no longer with us :( One now lives with a friend and the other died quite soon after I bought it.

sorry guys i dont keep olives and i dont understand the massive water containers? do they need to regularly submerge themselves?

Any snake should be given the opportunity to submerge themsleves as it is natural for them to do so Jason, it's just that olives get so large, they need a massive water bowl.

hugsta wrote: ? I think you would need a container about 50litres by the time they are fully grown with the amount of water they would disperse......LOL

Ummm....... i think you mean 'displace', Huggy.

NOT if the water container is to small Hixy, then it gets DISPERSED all over the place :)

Thanks for that afro, I new there was some sensible people here that would understand what I meant. Old grammar boy Hix was just being pedantic.....LOL. Can you check the spelling on that Hix.....:):D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back