Hairy Lobster

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats Amazing Mark, cool story! Shoulda called it blondicus or something. :)

Actually, its the largest freshwater yabby in the world. The Giant Tasmanian yabby can grow to 1.5m long. Scientific name Astacopsis gouldi. They are endangered, but there are various projects underway to ensure they don't become extinct

thats awsome!!
i guess the hair would act as a sensory organ... if it cant see maybe it feels things floating by its hairs and then knows its pray is just there... does that make sense?? either way its an awsome looking creature!

Megz

There was a tassie lobster on the news this morning. Fairly decent nippers on the bugger. Apparently the one they were showing was the largest ever caught and would have been over 30 years old. It was going to be sent back to where it was picked up.

I used to have a book on Australian fresh water yabbies and crays. It was one of those fascinating reads. Alas somebody purloined it years back.

thats cool as and abit wtf at the same time i'll have some hairy clam and lobster salad hold the dressing thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back