One for the Ray Hoser fans

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He is also at the glen centro shopping centre in glen waverly on march 20th-26th. 11am and 1pm, 2 shows a day. South east melbourne. Also out the front of target.

Why is he the 'leading herpetoligist' in australia?

Oh, but I would be interested in hearing peoples comments as to what constitutes a "herpetologist"?

I'll go their on the 20th and ask 'Excuse me. Ray, Why are you the leading herpetoligist in australia?'

See what his answer is. :p

Also ask him why he claims to be "twice voted Australia's most respected herpetologist" on his own website. :roll:

Australaps

That because Ray was the only one who bothered to vote :lol:

Heh, and you guys think my polls are dodgy! :lol:

MrBredli said:
One for the Ray Hoser fans

There's Ray Hoser fans?

Well, to most of us they look like old chocolate bar wrappers and toilet seats he stole from a hard rubbish collection, but he is so convinced about it that we don't have the heart to tell him. Shh.

'LIVE DEADLY SNAKE SHOW!'

Yet they are venomoids.

On his website he says the audience can handle all the reptiles he has at the show but not the deadly ones.

On snake busters site he says quote: 'Other innovations by Raymond Hoser include shows with snakes eating, mating, feeding lizards and so on.'

LOL. The first herpetoligist to tell a snake what to do and when to do it.
'grabs two snakes and squishes them together' :p

Plenty of other stories. But i think i should 'shhhhh'

'Other innovations by Raymond Hoser include shows with snakes eating, mating, feeding lizards and so on.'

From all accounts the bloke is a wanker, but I have to question the above quote.

Excepting it be inconvenient, I see no reason why a sensible (note the emphasis)
herp show, should not ever include a snake eating. If the snake was not disturbed, and f/t food given, and it was retired from the show after feeding, this could be very educational for those who have never actually seen a snake feed.
Likewise feeding a lizard a few crix or roaches for the audience benefit, while talking about it ,(done by the exhibiter only) seems pretty harmless to me.

some folk get so worked up into a mob mentality ranting about how bout something is, they just cease to think or question. half these hoser bashers are also "the self gratifying type" (mod ed) imo!
they hear rumours and "facts", have never even heard of the bloke before before let alone clapped eyes on him , and they already have it stamped sealed and delivered.
what the hell happened to reserving judgement and forming your own opinions? bloody sheeple!

Alot of people give this guy more attention then they do their own kids.
I mean there is almost as much posts on Ray as there is GTP & hybrids.

Australias leading Herpetologist according to APS? Maybe.
Australias most popular Herpetologist according to APS stats? Deffinately.

Reptilia said:
'LIVE DEADLY SNAKE SHOW!'

Yet they are venomoids.

On his website he says the audience can handle all the reptiles he has at the show but not the deadly ones.

I have seen Ray toss out the occasional Colletts into the crowd before (not 'toss', but you know what I mean lol), and yes, it was a venomoid. The funny thing was, nobody knew what they were holding :lol:

I have nothing against Raymond except his practice of doing the venomoids himself - dodgey, dodgey, dodgey! There are guys like him in every walk of life, he's an eccentric to the extreme, and I guess that's where he comes unstuck :?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back