Another lette from a non-member

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lutzd

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi

I live in Logan City Qld

I had a snake in my yard yesterday and am trying to identify what type of snake it could have been

It was approx 2 metres long about 5 cm across

Small head

Dark grey to black on its back and emerald green on its belly

I have never seen one like this before

Could you please help or put me on to someone who would know about this snake

Regards Don

The snakecatcher who handles the Logan area is Geoff Jacobs, his number is 0402 016 220. That's IF you want it removed of course.

Lets get it into a newspaper:

"Black Mamba found in back yard" - they have already got two of australia's most respected herps to identify it. Get a picture of a water python and we're away!!!

That's like up here in the local rag an old lady was bitten by a western brown, but the pic the paper ran was a big olive.You'd atleast think they put a picture of a close looking elapid there. We'll see your pick in the Sunday times now Pete :)

nah mate, just as they choose a library photo of the snake, there is absolutly now way in the world they would publish a real photo of me.

Don't be ridiculous kiddies, it's a green tree snake x taipan....

We get them alot here ;)
They hang over the tops of doors waiting for people to walk through them and suck them dry of blood....it's the drop bear in them.

Like Fuscus said, it's probably a Green Tree Snake but ...
... it could be one of several species, harmless or deadly. :?: :!:

We really need more info for a 100% ID.

The only sure way is to have an experienced herper come around & see the snake for themselves.

That's possible, but I have also caught three eastern browns in the Gladstone area that had dark olive backs and bright yellow bellies (they were definitely eastern browns). I have also found both green tree snakes and browns that are very light brown on their backs and have whitish stomachs, through to jet black backs with whitish stomachs, and both with olive/green stomachs. Colour often means nothing with gts and eastern browns.. I'd rather err on the side of caution.

Don't you know they travel in packs, preying on the innocent and cross breeding to produce monster mutant super snakes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back