banks for hatchlings

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
14 cm is quite small. I dont think many hatchlings tubs would be less than 28cm in length. Thats smaller than your average ruler. (14cm creating the heated end and the 14cm on the other end having no heat underneath so that the snake can properly thermoregulate.) Another good thing about the tape is that you can get it in any length.

I'd rather have only 4-5cm max. It's hard to get a decent thermal gradient in such small tubs, i'd be aiming to have only 10-20% of the container sitting on the tape.

Then you should probably route a few cuts out of the melamine on one side and put a couple of strands of heat cord in them. More than one strand under each tub or it will not get to the required temperature. But with heat cord they only come in 9m's atm.

But on the bright side its real cheap compared to heat mat or tape.

you must have a large collection there MM. WHat sort of MM's do you keep?

You're right, heat cord is probably the way to go, i've never routed anything though (except girls) so i'll have to look into it.

I had all wondered if this stuff would be good enough for heating a lot of cages

http://radiantfloorheating.com.au/in_screed.htm

But I had never needed to find out. If it was controlled by a thermostat and with some thin non flammable fibre board between the cage and the cord to disperse the heat (to prevent the cord melting the plastic tubs) it should do the job fine

shiner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back