Pretty scary predictions

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol I agree Mark, "Dry" is niot a word you normally associate with vic full stop, yet in terms of rainfall perhaps it is. Saying S.A is dry I can understand, You could sprain an ankle falling down the cracks in the ground there in summer!

In SA a creek is a slight hollow that is slightly less dusty than its surrounds. :wink:
Seriously, Mike Tyler, the person I respect the most when it comes to frog matters, says that the cane toad could collonize the Murray-Darling down to SA. Not the actual rivers but the marshes that lay alongside.

"Recent estimates put the pace of the toad's westward march at nearly 17 miles (27 kilometers) a year and slightly slower from north to south."

And then "Perth could expect cane toads in five years' time. Sydney could see their arrival in the next 20 years."

The journalist is in Sydney, yet she seems to think that this country is a bit smaller than it really is.

:p

Hix

Predictions for temperatures in NSW show rises of up to 2 degrees Celsius (3.6 degrees Fahrenheit) by 2030, with longer, warmer summers and more rain along the coast.

now theres good news.........might go and burn some old tyres to speed up the process ! :lol:

i have heard they have already had two sightings as south as newcastle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back