Green Rat water

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I might try that and it has also been suggested I add a little cider vinegar, not enough to taint the water and stop the rats drinking but it inhibits the growth of the algae.
Thanks everyone.

TrueBlue said:
I used to have this problem, but now any bottles that are exposed to sunlight are covered and the problem disapeared over night. I use plastic ice cream tubs or simular to cover the bottles. Works a treat.

theres hundreds of different species of algae, not all of them need sunlight & not all of them depend on nitrates or nitrites for food, usually green forms utilise phosphates ..........and yes some types can kill you.......beware...the killer algae !!
boa....id use the Aviclear....i would'nt have thought you could go wrong if its safe for birds !

Yeah I have a bottle on the way so I will use it and see how it goes, it actually kills the algae and doesn't just mask it so it sounds ideal. It doesn't seem to matter what I do it just comes back, if I wasn't so damn lazy I would wash the bottles twice a day. :lol:

I had a friend who used to do that, he also put in all sorts of other drugs as well. Then after a period of time he'd scoop their brains out and test them. hes a full professor now with a chair and everything.

Man are you kidding? he had a chair?

ROFLPMLFMLP F or whatever, on the floor and laughing and all that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back