Slowing the shutter speed.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nephrurus

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Here's a flimsy excuse to post some fire related pics i have'nt posted any in a while). Look at the cool effects of slowing the shutter speed on the digital camera! Unfortunately the fire spinner gets a bit blurred out, but i tihnk that adds to the effect. A friend took these with a fairly run of the mill digital camera ( i think). The use of fire tools changes the effect as well. The 1st pic was a run of the mill fire staff. The 2nd was two pieces of kevlar rope dipped in kerosene (with a knot tied in the end).

Hen01.jpg

Hen03.jpg

Enjoy!
-Henry

Cool pics. Got any more???

I've got a few more... i may have posted them before, but i don't care.

P1000430.jpg

P1000429.jpg

P1000428.jpg

P1000423.jpg

P1000426.jpg

P1000499.jpg

FireHenry.jpg

This is all i have that i can post easily.... if anyone (in Sydney) wants to learn, Jubillee Park at the end of Glebe Point Road on Thursday night (tonight) is the place to be (weather permitting).
-H

really cool stuff Neph, the pics are awesome! Looks a lil dangerous though lol

Fantastic pics, Henry. All my brothers fire twirl, both with the ropey thing and the stick. And to witness it in real life is wonderful. Especially when all three get going at once. I love the sound it makes!

Wow I love the 3rd-7th henry, cool Pics! thats Art! :)

Hey look! A firetwirling ghost! :shock:

Hot stuff :)

Do you end up stinking of hydrocarbons for a couple of days after firebreathing? I haven't done it for a few years because of the smell which lingered no matter how much I showered and washed. Is there any way around the smell or do you know of a good way to wash it off? I've had a go at firetwirling too... you're clearly much better than I am! :D

When i firebreath (very rarely now) i use fire water, an industrial solvent that is terrible for you, but has a rather pleasant taste (in fact, it lacks an unpleasant taste). It does'nt smell to bad, and you don't end up with the horrible kerosene burps. Goes without saying, if you have'nt been instructed with firebreathing don't try it. It's more awful than it looks, and if you inhale the fuel you die.

The best way to wash fuel and soot off is soap and a wash cloth/ loufer (sp?). The best way around the smell is to used low odour kero and shake excess fuel off the fire tools before burning.

I'm not that great a fire twirler, but i have had some cool photos taken.

-Henry

Well, I'll stick to the stuff which smells bad and isn't so poisonous :) I've tried scrubbing, showering for hours, soap, shampoo, other stuff. I haven't been given instructions, but I know that inhaling liquid hydrocarbons isn't going to do me much good :) I'm not dead yet :)
I was actually surprised to learn that you can drink keroseine with virtually no ill effects. You can also eat many solid polymers. Munch away on polystyrene all day and you'll be fine :) Plastic bags are fine as long as you cut them into small pieces. Bubble wrap could be fun.

Oh...

Kids: Uncle Sdaji was just joking, never, ever eat anything mum or dad didn't say is okay. Only silly people eat silly things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back