NEW PIT (REVAMPED)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow man thats come up nice. Ur home looks like a zoo. welldone.

totally awesome, are you going to add an album in the gallery so we can reference these pics later instead of trying to find the thread?

How does everyone with pits deal with cats and birds? I'm thinking of building a pit but at this stage it looks like i'll end up modifying my bird cage to solve the local cat problem.

looks fantastic Fay. We've been slack and havent come down for a visit yet. Will have to soon tho :)

I am also curious as to the costs of a 'standard pit'. How much was the overall costs? I have big plans for minimising the amount of lawn I have to mow when I get a permanent place. ;)

:D Really very, very nice Fay! It looks like you would have had fun building them. Very lucky animals!

Congrats, Judy

Yeah I agree with everyone else, the pit's look awesome. Well done guys.

Thank you for all the compliments! Just to answer a few questions.....the white stuff at the front is washed river sand, I'm not sure how much each would cost to build as a lot of stuff rocks, wood, there is also a lot of mossy bush rock etc we already had for free. I can tell you that the glass panels are safety glass sliding doors that we picked up from the tip for $10.00 each (they fit perfectly in the channels of the colorbond). Can't remember how much the two ponds cost, as we had them before in the old run down pit.
HEHE The rest of the yard needs help...now that all the rocks and logs are used I can move all the others from under the tree so that we can whipper snip and mow properly!

Hi Gerry, I've been a bit slack with PM's....I'll send you one soon!

Just a question (another!!)

How do you go about keeping them clean?? Obviously it would take a while before you noticed it was 'dirty' but eventually they start to get that old look and smell about them.

Hi Megz, I am not sure about the dimensions , I think the big one is about 5mtrs by 3 mtrs!
The small on about 3mtrs by 3! Not too sure.

And Nina, we keep it clean by not feeding them....If they don't feed they don't poo! Problem solved! HEHE :wink:
No, seriously, we rake it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back