Killer retic (weak stomach warning)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
NinaPeas said:
wouldn't the snake have a hard time getting around the shoulders??

No way, easy done, ive watched on vid another retic swallow some kind of impala thing with straight 2 ft horns, no problem. cant see how a blokes shoulders would pose any problem whatsoever.
Still, Im inclined to think its a fake job, most are. but its certainly possible.

they catch the ones that eat humans, because they are pretty slow moving after that....

i think its real, although Indonesia isn't beyond feeding someone to a snake to sell a photo:)

It's not the snakes fault, it was told that eating asian is an aphrodisiac.

I recently saw some pics of a guy who'd been eaten by an amazonian snake...he apparently fell asleep at a landbased oil rig, and the snake munched him. Will teach him for sleepin' on the job!

I'll try and locate the pics if no one has them.

yea whos to say thats exactly how the guy was when it was cut open, people could hav moved his arms while they were discecting the snake

instar said:
NinaPeas said:
No way, easy done, ive watched on vid another retic swallow some kind of impala thing with straight 2 ft horns, no problem. cant see how a blokes shoulders would pose any problem whatsoever.
Still, Im inclined to think its a fake job, most are. but its certainly possible.

A tiger, in Africa? (oops, I mean retic) :wink:

Seems fake too me as well. It just doesn't look right. Just my opinion!!!

AntaresiaLady said:
I recently saw some pics of a guy who'd been eaten by an amazonian snake...he apparently fell asleep at a landbased oil rig, and the snake munched him. Will teach him for sleepin' on the job!

I'll try and locate the pics if no one has them.

That's actually a retic too. Despite the bull$hit text that accompanies the photos.

Inny, I think that footage you were refering to was of an Afrock eating the impala, but your point was well made. However, impala are antelope and only have two horns, deer (as quoted as being prey items) have many branched antlers which would be even harder to get your mouth around. Human shoulders? Not a problem.

The last photo could be real, a large retic could easily eat a human and I believe it has been verified on several occassions. But that doesn't mean the other two snakes had eaten anyone; maybe just a large pig.

:p

Hix

deer (as quoted as being prey items) have many branched antlers which would be even harder to get your mouth around
True. But with deer only males have antlers, and only during certain months of the year. And during a certain stage of antler production (the velvet stage), if they did happen to be caught and eaten by a big snake, I suspect the antlers would snap off.

So to catch a deer with a full head of hard antler, the snake would have to be REALLY unlucky.

Its a montage made up of two separte groupd of photos and a single one of a dead snake with a crown around it.
The first lot the snake is alive. the fith is a different snake thtas had its head smashed.
6,7,8 and 9 are from another source completely and again a different snake. and sveral decades earlier than the first lot.
As to the authenticity of the last group, I cannot say.
The Amazon one with the guy in a snake in the back of a ute??????? Its a fake.

olivehydra said:
instar said:
NinaPeas said:

A tiger, in Africa? (oops, I mean retic) :wink:

?????????????????????huh?

Inny, I think that footage you were refering to was of an Afrock eating the impala, but your point was well made. However, impala are antelope and only have two horns

Oh ok thanks Hix, It was hosted by Sir David Attenborough, I have the tape somewhere. Either way big snake. If it can get around horns like that I cant see see how shoulders would be a problem. What a way to go though. Ask Lou Farrano how it felt to go halfway (thats a retic) LOL.
Your a veritable font of info Hix! :)

WOW and Wow, that is such a great photo not so great for the guy it ate but still good picture. I think its true, look at that Anaconda that ate the Crocodile and it split in 2, they do eat things sometimes that they shouldnt be able to fit in.

it was a retic and it ate an alligator. It appeared to have had its head shot off.
The pics in this thread are not a series but three diifferent occasions in time and the photos have merely been put in a semblance of order to convey a story. this is called editing. Its what they do in films. You may remember the Civil War documentary from few years ago. They did the same thing there only much better of course. Not all the photos were taken in the same spot or time but used to convery the story.
Every picture tells a thousand lies.

soulweaver said:
if it is three different locations and three different snakes, then how did htey all eat the same man ? :)

you tell me Luke, I know your not an idiot. There is no man in the first group of pics and the second single one. The man is in the last sequence.

peterescue said:
it was a retic and it ate an alligator. It appeared to have had its head shot off.
The pics in this thread are not a series but three diifferent occasions in time and the photos have merely been put in a semblance of order to convey a story. this is called editing. Its what they do in films. You may remember the Civil War documentary from few years ago. They did the same thing there only much better of course. Not all the photos were taken in the same spot or time but used to convery the story.
Every picture tells a thousand lies.

I think you'll find it was a burmese that ate the alligator.

probably, anyway, ate alligator in Florida, became deceased, probably third party involved at this point, bloated, burst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back