They call me Bredl, James Bredl.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MannyM

Reaction score
First off, before trying to convey my immense pleasure, i'd like to thank every one of you who have assisted me with all my queries and questions regarding Pythons. Truly, without your guys help, I would most likely still be stuck in selection hell.

As most of you may know, after much consideration, I decided to take the plunge into the snake world with a Python... more important, a Morelia Bredli. Many worrying days passed, with my efforts to find a hypo breeder looking fruitless. These little herps are in high demand it seems, but eventually my diligence paid off thanks to some tipoffs, and a great guy called Tremain (indicus for all you APS people). With as much speed as I could muster, I sent many messages to Tremain, querying his new batch which were ready to hatch (some may have called that borderline harrassment :p), and I got in early to put my name on the prettiest of the bunch.

Well after much waiting, she finally arrived yesterday, and by god she's a pretty one. I'm not much of an expert when it comes to pythons, but from what i've seen, this baby bredli looks to be a screamer, and will hopefully grow into one even more beautiful and captivating specimen. Her nature so far seems quite placid, her initial reaction out of the sock she was placed in during transit, was to take a curious sniff of my arm. I'm not going to lie to anyone, my heart was racing, as I was expecting her to gorge on the flesh before her... but she was content to just poke her head back in the sock, away from prying eyes. I eventually inverted the sock and booted her out of her impromptu home into her new enclosure (a Hilton in comparison, let me assure you), and her intial reaction was not one of complete fear and the death of all things moving, but she placidly went along to explore her new surroundings. Only once did she coil in a striking position, and that was when I decided i'd attempt to pick her up by moving my large, claw like hand into her enclosure (i'll be sticking to using the little hook to get her out of the enclosure for now, it doesn't seem to threaten her.

Anyway, she seems to be doing well in her new hut, and I plan on giving her her first feed tomorrow.

Here are some piccies, which you'll have to excuse the quality of. My camera was playing up and not focusing properly.

Bredli%201.jpg

Bredli%202.jpg

Bredli%203.jpg

Bredli%204.jpg

I'll try to nab some better pics tomorrow.

Very nice indeed, think you'l be very happy with your new baby and I can tell you I have had my little man now for about 7 months and I have never recieved a bite ( YET ) but he does scare me sometimes when I am going to get him out of his enclosure but once he's out he is so quiet and very happy just to curl around my arm ( I am hoping the day dont come when I get my first bite ) but I am sure it will happen aventually, anyway congradulations on your new addition. A word of warning once you get the first it aint long before you want to add more!!

A nice looking snake, you wont go far wrong dealing with Tremain, he is one of the real genuine breeders in this hobby.

Awesome Bredi. I can't wait to have some little ones one day, very soon I hope. (If I can get myself a nice male 3-4 years old) :wink:

Nice. How old is she? I've had mine about 2 weeks, and so far, not a vicious streak in her, I just cup my hand over her when I want to pick her up, and she's fine. She's only gone into the "S-bend" when my boyfriend picked her up haha

Beautiful! congrats! :) I can see you'll enjoy years of Herp keeping ahead. Funny name too :)

NinaPeas said:
Nice. How old is she? I've had mine about 2 weeks, and so far, not a vicious streak in her, I just cup my hand over her when I want to pick her up, and she's fine. She's only gone into the "S-bend" when my boyfriend picked her up haha

She was born early Jan, so she's approx 2 months old now. She has gone into an S bend only twice, and once was when my hand was hovering over her, so it was understandable, especially in such an early stage where she's a little stressed.

Will feed in a few days, and leave her to her own devices for a few days to settle in too.

What a gorgeous little bredli mate! You'll not be disappointed that you bought one, they are an absolute joy to keep!

Congrats Manny that's a gorgeous little bredli you have there :D We have 4 bredli ourselves and they are truly amazing to keep.
Have dealt with Tremain also and yes he is a top bloke!! With some stunning animals.

Nice snake dude, terrific unit for her aswel. Do you have a hide for her to get into?

dee4 said:
Nice snake dude, terrific unit for her aswel. Do you have a hide for her to get into?

Yeah, under those pieces of driftwood are two little cave like mounds which she likes to get under and sleep during the day if she's bothered. One in the warm side, one in the cool side. WIN!

I've also got a silk plant which i'm contemplating putting in there.

nice bredli manny i am also getting one of tremain i cant wait

Thanks guys, I couldn't be happier with her.

Anyone got any comments or things I could odify to my setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back