Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shamous1

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Just thought that I would share a pic of our newest member of our family of herps.

We have named her Delilah and we are starting to look for a Sampson for her. She is just on 7 foot and she has a very placid nature about her. We picked her up on Saturday from Afro.

Don't forget if anybody has a Sampson out there for us PM us and let us know.

Regards,

Shane and the gang

She's actually slightly darker. I lightened up the pics a bit. I reckon if I can get a nice male for her that is lightly coloured she will throw out pretty good offspring.

That's what I would hope. I have'nt been around herps for a long time but I have a good feeling about her. :wink:

I saw an extremely dark one in a pet shop recently, it was almost black. I'd have bought him (yes, it was a male) except that it was a pet shop and the dead (heh, dead and in some cases half eaten reptiles with prices still attached :roll: ), emmaciated, neglected (about half the snakes didn't have water or hides, even the water monitor was without water... as if being in a cage shorter than its own body wasn't nasty enough) and clearly wild caught animals in the other cages were sufficient deterents, as well as the high chance of introducing diseases into my collection and the horrible guilt of funding that sort of torture. He would have made a perfect partner for your girl.

I would like to say that we are extremely happy. We have Afro to thank for that BUT I would like to ad that next year if you have the chance to deal with Afro in purchasing any of his offspring don't delay. You will not be disappointed. His advice, expertise and genuine help make it a worth while and hassle free event.

4 months ago we purchased our first snake. The kids and I discussed whether or not we would ever get something bigger than a Childreni. At that stage we all agreed that we doubted it. We are all glad to say that being a member on APS has opened our eyes up to the wide range of animals that Australia has to offer and actually helped us realize that we could infact handle large animals such as the above female.

Where do we go next? Olive - Water Python (First Male Bredli 3+ years/female Diamond 3 years+) Then who knows?

I saw an extremely dark one in a pet shop recently, it was almost black. I'd have bought him (yes, it was a male) except that it was a pet shop and the dead (heh, dead and in some cases half eaten reptiles with prices still attached ), emmaciated, neglected (about half the snakes didn't have water or hides, even the water monitor was without water... as if being in a cage shorter than its own body wasn't nasty enough) and clearly wild caught animals in the other cages were sufficient deterents, as well as the high chance of introducing diseases into my collection and the horrible guilt of funding that sort of torture. He would have made a perfect partner for your girl.
\

Didn't realise you'd opened a shop mate :)

Sdaji Said: I saw an extremely dark one in a pet shop recently, it was almost black. I'd have bought him (yes, it was a male) except that it was a pet shop and the dead (heh, dead and in some cases half eaten reptiles with prices still attached Rolling Eyes ), emmaciated, neglected (about half the snakes didn't have water or hides, even the water monitor was without water... as if being in a cage shorter than its own body wasn't nasty enough) and clearly wild caught animals in the other cages were sufficient deterents, as well as the high chance of introducing diseases into my collection and the horrible guilt of funding that sort of torture. He would have made a perfect partner for your girl.

That sounds terrible! Can you report the store to...someone? *shudder* I now feel lucky that I haven't seen any reptiles in pet stores (seeing kittens & puppies *cough* snake-food *cough* in tiny cages running around in their own mess is bad enough. I'd be really ropeable if I saw any reptile being treated in that manner!) On a side note, are pet shops in VIC allowed to keep & sell reptile from their premisies?

Kath

KathandStu said:
Sdaji Said: I saw an extremely dark one in a pet shop recently, it was almost black. I'd have bought him (yes, it was a male) except that it was a pet shop and the dead (heh, dead and in some cases half eaten reptiles with prices still attached Rolling Eyes ), emmaciated, neglected (about half the snakes didn't have water or hides, even the water monitor was without water... as if being in a cage shorter than its own body wasn't nasty enough) and clearly wild caught animals in the other cages were sufficient deterents, as well as the high chance of introducing diseases into my collection and the horrible guilt of funding that sort of torture. He would have made a perfect partner for your girl.

That sounds terrible! Can you report the store to...someone? *shudder* I now feel lucky that I haven't seen any reptiles in pet stores (seeing kittens & puppies *cough* snake-food *cough* in tiny cages running around in their own mess is bad enough. I'd be really ropeable if I saw any reptile being treated in that manner!) On a side note, are pet shops in VIC allowed to keep & sell reptile from their premisies?

Kath

Yes, it's terrible. Reporting them would do little if anything. Many pet shops/pet shop owners have been charged/fined etc for all sorts, including poaching, selling exotics, mistreating animals, etc etc etc. The owner of this one has had many fines and is no longer allowed to personally own animals, but is still able to run the shop. This isn't an unusual sight to see in a pet shop, the situation is common and completely ridiculous. I don't try to play the role of policeman, I don't need enemies. The public is clearly very naive or forgiving when they'll buy an animal from a shop which has dead animals on display which have clearly been dead for at least a week, several animals very close to death and most clearly mistreated. Sadly, this is what happens when we allow animals to be sold as commodities by middlemen.

africancichlidau said:
I saw an extremely dark one in a pet shop recently, it was almost black. I'd have bought him (yes, it was a male) except that it was a pet shop and the dead (heh, dead and in some cases half eaten reptiles with prices still attached ), emmaciated, neglected (about half the snakes didn't have water or hides, even the water monitor was without water... as if being in a cage shorter than its own body wasn't nasty enough) and clearly wild caught animals in the other cages were sufficient deterents, as well as the high chance of introducing diseases into my collection and the horrible guilt of funding that sort of torture. He would have made a perfect partner for your girl.
\

Didn't realise you'd opened a shop mate :)

much of a response would violate a couple of the site's rules...

/me hands you a length of rope

Man that is dark! when was her last shed? I only ask cos my bredli girl looks like that ATM but that's only cos she's shedding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back